1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Epson PrintCD doesn't work with Vista...any alternatives?

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by mrchub, Feb 15, 2007.

1. phil68

phil68 Guest

SPAM removed

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2009
  2. phil68

phil68 Guest

SPAM removed

3. phil68

phil68 Guest

SPAM removed

4. zoltantg

zoltantg Member

Hi,

This thread helped me get my R200 printing CDs with Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit RTM version. Thanks!

For posterity:

It requires Epson Print CD, Epson Easy Print, and the XP 64 bit driver, all currently available on the Epson download site.

[edit] No idea why the "Add url" option is making the above mess. Sorry about that.

It may be possible to skip Easy Print, but that puts the CD option many layers deep in the print setup.

Without the XP driver (and Easy Print????) the Windows 7 driver will do normal printing to the Epson, but trying to print from Print CD brings up the dreaded "the EPSON printer driver for CD printing is not installed" message.

Install the driver, Print CD, and Easy Print. The driver install may appear to fail, but seems to be OK even so. Turn the printer on. Win 7 will install its driver. Use the "Devices and Printers" in the Windows menu, drill down in the Epson properties, and select the Epson driver, not the Microsft one. Msoft driver has a "(M)" in its name.

Thanks again,
    Z.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2009
  5. mackasmac

mackasmac Member

Ahhhh thankyou for the post zoltantg i did this method and it worked for me too but no one on here tried it i guess or be bothered to confirm that someone else did it.

it would help if like us they stated what OS they were running lol.

cheers

MACKA

Last edited: Oct 14, 2009
  6. richardhu

richardhu Member

Ever since Vista I've had problems getting PrintCD to recognise my installed R200. Its always a hit & miss situation but have never failed to eventually get it working. This time I had a new Windows 7 x64 installation.

Tried many versions of PrintCD & ended up with latest 2.0 but same problem, always getting the driver for PrintCD not installed message.

Used manual method described by angelsjen on first page of this thread. To my surprise it worked so knew I was close.

Downloaded XP x64 package from Epson site as suggested in post above. The install was a bit flaky being an XP app - eventually removed printer from Devices & Printers & ran it again. As soon as it asked me to connect printer, Win 7 installed its own drivers successfully. Manually selected USB1 & installation continued then seemed to freeze, so after a while I closed it & got error about not deleting temp files.

Ran Easy Print - not sure if this was necessary, but when I ran PrintCD again got brief dialogue saying it was checking for installed printers. Finally my printer appeared & all working correctly.

Note that printer still shows up with (M) suffix, so MS drivers aren't the problem. You just need something to kickstart PrintCD into looking for already installed printers.

Richard

p.s. Please ignore links on this page they get hooked in by forum software.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2010
  7. mrchub

mrchub Regular member

Thanks, zoltang. I've been struggling with the manual method on Vista with an R200 and now an R320, but I'm about to upgrade both my machines to Windows 7 64-bit. I was wondering how it would go and I'll try the way you describe.

8. amos1707

amos1707 Member

Cheers, worked great on my R300