1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

epson printers

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by finfan13, Mar 24, 2004.

1. finfan13

finfan13 Member

hello folks i need a little guidance here. i want to get my son one of those direct dvd/cd printers. been looking at the r200, what is the difference between this and the 800? is it better or a whole lot faster or what? any advice before i buy would be great thanks pat

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

3. Preyzuess

Preyzuess Regular member

I have the r200 it is the same specs as the r300/r300m except it dosent have the memory/digital card slots, thats it. A cool little printer I am up to 200 dvds printed and it is still going will post he total ammount when finished.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]3 PIONEER A07 / 107 8x ± hacked firmware
    2 TDK 440n 4x ±
    RITEK RULES !!!!
    Best way to backup that movie
    1 DVD Decrypter
    2 DVD2One
    3 Nero 6.3[/small]

Last edited: Mar 27, 2004
  4. FAK

FAK Member

I have an R200 because i dont want the memory. Its not goood for me. Also it has 6 different cartridges so if one runs out then u buy one for like 11 bux US and not 80 Bux for all the colours. Also it prints well awsome quality. If you live in Canada go to america bcz the R200 costs 300 bux in canada but in america it costs 99.99 bux. At CompUSA

5. FAK

FAK Member

Also you have to buy DVD-R's that are printable so there is the other most important info

6. Preyzuess

Preyzuess Regular member

266 DVD's printed before I had to change cartriges. I had to add black and yellow. Got to 280 before I had to change the rest of the cartriges.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]3 PIONEER A07 / 107 8x ± hacked firmware
    2 TDK 440n 4x ±
    RITEK RULES !!!!
    Best way to backup that movie
    1 DVD Decrypter
    2 DVD2One
    3 Nero 6.3[/small]

Last edited: Mar 28, 2004
  7. keswick

keswick Member

I'm looking at buying either the R200 or R300. I need a printer that is quick and low on printing costs as I print greetings cards - at the moment I have a 790Photo. Do they has USB2.0 Any ideas?

8. Preyzuess

Preyzuess Regular member

the r300 lists as USB 2.0 and 1.1. the r200 lists as USB 1.1. I hope this helps. I have the r200 and it is nice but could be a little faster. only $100.00 dollars it is great.

9. kilr

kilr Member

I have the R300 and it's awesome. The differences between the R200 and R300/R300M is that the R200 doesn't have the memory card readers, is only usb 1.1 and doesn't have the lcd for printing without a computer. The R300M has an ADDITIONAL colour monitor to show the pictures as you scroll through them on a card. Any of those three are great printers, it just depends on what you need/don't need.

10. pieman

pieman Regular member

sounds good.whats the label software,or can you use any??

11. Preyzuess

Preyzuess Regular member

It comes with its own very easy to use. It can do standard dvd with 40mm hub down to 20mm full disc label.

12. VaderK

VaderK Guest

Can anyone with experience using the Epson R200 tell me how well the ink stands up on a printable DVD ?

I am looking at purchasing the R200 and that is my main concern. If the ink is going to smear then that would be a waste. And, if it is smear free, what kind of approx drying times do find are best before handling? (Yes I know, must use "printable" blanks)

Also, anyone tried the gloss white versus the matte white or the matte silver discs? Much difference between them?

Any info will be greatly appreciated.

13. finfan13

finfan13 Member

hello, well i just got my r200 and this thing prints incredibly great!! i leave it in the tray for a few minutes before handling and havent had any smears yet on a cd or dvd. i have only used the matte finish so i cannot advise on the quality of glossy. but this is a fantastic printer with excellent quality. you will be happy!

14. Preyzuess

Preyzuess Regular member

Have printed Hundreds of dvd's let dry and they wont smear smug at all, even can get wet after they have dried.