1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

epson problem

Discussion in 'Digital photography' started by sfxgeek, Mar 5, 2005.

1. sfxgeek

sfxgeek Member

I just recently replaced all my ink cartridges in my Epson R200 with ones I bought from Blankmedia.ca. They all seem to work however when I try to print anything with Red in it I get Orange. I tried playing around with the color controls on the printer settings page with no luck. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

do a print test that does all seperate colors as it seems 1 might not be jetting out its color

3. sfxgeek

sfxgeek Member

That's what I thought too, so I tried it and they all printed correct.
    Any other suggestion?

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

if still got the old red cartridge, take a dab of ink off it onto a piece of paper with similar dab from new cartridge to see if a difference or not. if there is a difference in that the old cartridge is red compared to blankmedia than contact blankmedia about the problem

5. maliaus

maliaus Guest

Im a die hard epson user, I use to try the off brand inks. I really suggest using only epson made inks in your epson printer, using off brand inks ups your per page cost from (standard) $.04 a page to $.28 a page, plus with the way epson does thier jets, other inks clog more freq. plus, you lose the longevity of anything you print also. Everyone has thier way of doing things. Find what works the best for you and stick with it, never fix what isint broken.