1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Epson R220 Help

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Navi89, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Navi89

Navi89 Member

I just got it, I'm trying to print on DVD's w/ Epson Print CD. It doesn't print on the DVD's, it completely misses and prints on the CD tray. Any suggestions?

2. marsey99

marsey99 Regular member

you can move the allignment in the epson cd printing software, but off the top of my head i cant remmeber where exactly.

3. club42

club42 Regular member

Yes the last pop up before printing lets you adjust the alignment. I have never had do do this though and have have my epson printer for years. Are you sure that the tray is loaded correctly? Also if my printer has been on for awhile or I switch from printing documents to DVD's it spits the tray out the back so I usually turn it off and then back on before printing dvd's. If none of that helps I would take it back and see if you got a bad one. They should be aligned right out of the box.

4. marsey99

marsey99 Regular member

its been a while since i used mine but i had to move mine 0.3mm to the left so it centered.

you might also want to make sure you measurments are right for the disks you are using.

5. Navi89

Navi89 Member

Are you talking about "adjust printer alignment" ? It's at default. I thought I shouldn't have to play with that? I am positive the tray is loaded correctly. I will try to turn it off then try again, just for fun. But I assume it will do the same thing. This is not off by 0.3mm, it totally misses the disc, it hits the very bottom lip and maybe covers 2-3% of the disc, the tray gets the other 90% of the ink.

6. marsey99

marsey99 Regular member

this might sound like a really daft question but, are you putting the tray in the wrong way around? try it the other way and see if it lines up right.

7. Navi89

Navi89 Member

LOL - I'm pretty sure I have it right. I line up the arrow on the tray.

8. club42

club42 Regular member

Is there anything blocking the holes in the tray like a piece of tape or something? The printer should align itself with the four rectangular holes on the tray around the disk. I still think you should take it back and get another one if it doesn't work soon.