1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Epson Stylus Photo R200

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by AgentTran, Mar 16, 2005.

1. AgentTran

AgentTran Guest

Hi, I just bought a Epson R200. I am having a problem with my computer recognizing it. I plugged it in to all my USb ports to see if it was the USB port that was the problem but it didn't work in any of them. I plugged my digital camera into the ports and it worked every time. I'm not sure if it is a problem with my printer or the Cicero USB cable that I bought for it. Any ideas?

Thank You in advance!

2. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Well whenever you plug anything into the USB port, it should etect something is there.
    Usually if it does not it means that either the device connected is not turned on, or indeed the cable may be damaged or not connecting properly.

Have you tried to the 'search' for new hardware function?

Or indeed tried to install the printer manually via the 'add printers' option?

Or inserted the accompanied disc load up the drivers etc, and then connected the printer up?

3. AgentTran

AgentTran Guest

Nevermind, I fixed the problem. Turns out I turned off something called Print Spooler in MSCONFIG.

Thanks for your help!

4. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Glad you sorted it...............and welcome to Afterdawn.................

5. AgentTran

AgentTran Guest

Thanks baabaa! So far, I have found this site extremely helful in answering alot of my questions and problems!

6. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Yes I agree..........lots of knowledgable people out there willing to share their experiences and knowledge with others.........and Afterdawn is full of them..............

Also, fancy a laugh and a giggle, then drop into the safety valve, lots of off topic discussions and funnies flying around, great place to kick off your shoes and get away from it all.

See you around the forums...........

7. AgentTran

AgentTran Guest

Thanks for the heads up, I will be sure to check that section out!

Thanks for all the help!