1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Erased bios??

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by cbpark, May 1, 2007.

1. cbpark

cbpark Member

Hello, I hope someone can help me on this as I can`t find the problem discussed so far. I have an xbox thats modded with a bigger hard drive and chip(?) it was done by someone else so I don`t know much about these things. My son was playing around with it and came to me and says he thinks he erased the "bios". He turned it off when he saw what was started. When I turned it on I have the ring around the eject button flashing green and RED and there is no screen at all.Can someone tell me if its a gonner or can it be saved? Thanks

2. steimy

steimy Active member

try getting and loading a disc like Slayer 2.7
    They have different BIOS files on them for flashing the chip. Problem you will have is you have to know what chip, then look around to see which BIOS it uses.

3. mikeh0303

mikeh0303 Regular member

can the xbox still boot up games???

also can you take it appart and look for a chip on the xbox mother board and mabey take some pictures so we know what type of chip it is?

4. theridges

theridges Guest

yep going to have to open it up and tell us what type of chip it is...
    but before you do that you can go ahead and press the Power and Eject button at the same time....
    if a Blue Screen comes up then you most likely have a X3...
    if not you will have to open it :)

5. cbpark

cbpark Member

Man, thanks for the help. No, it won`t pullup any sort of screen even when I put a disc in. Asked him exactly what he saw before it started erasing and it sounds like he flashed bios. I`ll try that power button, eject button this evening to be sure but xecuter 3 seems like something I have seen on the screen before.

6. cbpark

cbpark Member

O.K., I found out its actually xecuter 2. I tried pressing the power and eject buttons though and didn`t get anything. Since he didn`t completely erase the bios will that need attention or is there a way to just redo it online somewhere?

7. steimy

steimy Active member

even if it can not pull up a game it may still be able to load Slayer 2.7 so you may want to look into getting that. It has flashes on it for various chips, so find out which one the chip you have uses and if it will load slayer you can then flash the chip with it.

Then or course slap your sons hand for messing with things, LOL

8. cbpark

cbpark Member

Thanks steimy, good advice on the slap part!(LOL) So how would a newbie find out what bios work with X2?

9. theridges

theridges Guest

i would use the X2 5035 its the best and latest out....