1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ERASING cd's information

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by carmen, Apr 14, 2005.

1. carmen

carmen Member

Sorry if this is a stupid question but is there any way in which i can turn a cd blank. After i have burnt mps files to it and listened to it 4 a while i want to erase all the songs and put new ones to listen to....am i able to do this?? \
    thanks

2. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

Yeah, start buying CD rewritables. Normal CD-Rs are write-once only. Almost all burners can burn to rewritable CDs (RW), but don't buy 50 of them until you make sure your player can play them.

3. MilesAhed

MilesAhed Regular member

Another thing with CD-RW you have to be cautious because even though the speed of the CD-RW may be in the range of the burner, there may not be a matchup that works. IOW the burning sw looks for a speed of the burner and speed of the media that it can work with. I have CD-RW media with speed range 16x-24x that won't work at all in my 48x max CD burner. But they do work in Memorex 52x burner. Why I don't know. So for my 48x burner I bought CD-RW rated 4x-12x and they will burn at 10x.

I guess what I'm saying is to buy a 4 pack or 10 pack and see if they burn OK in your burner before going crazy! Besides, a 10 pack should be all you need. I've been downloading videos and burning 'em on CD-RW just to watch on my DVD Player. Then I recycle 'em. If I decide to keep something I just burn to a CDR or DVD.