1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Erasing DVD+RW

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by bbandit99, Jan 18, 2003.

1. bbandit99

bbandit99 Guest

I am using Nero and am having problems erasing the RW. Sometimes it will say Power calibration error. Then when it works it won't end the erasing process. It will keep going and going. Any info would be great.

2. drewski

drewski Member

Any info:

Check the media, that should help you determine if its bad media or bad drive. Also, try formatting with different software, ezcd creator, direct cd etc....(although it will have to be reformatted again because directcd formats it specially)... I had a bad cd burner a long time ago that kept giving me that calibration error shit, the drive was dying...

3. bbandit99

bbandit99 Guest

I just got 2 Dvd+r to erase using nero. I just bought the Dvd burner. It is only 2 weeks old. Should I uninstall nero and put back in to see if that could be a problem. I don't think it is my drive. Making Cd's works perfect everytime.

4. drewski

drewski Member

Hmmm.... The last bit of advice that i can suggest is to maybe upgrade if you dont have the latest, or downgrade if you have the latest version of nero. If you have a friend with a burner, see if they can format it. I have only had my burner for a month or so now.... Good luck...

5. bbandit99

bbandit99 Guest

thanks for the help Drewski.

6. CptCrash

CptCrash Regular member

I would also verify you have the latest Firmware for your DVD burner.