1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Erasing/Excluding some parts of a DVD ¿?

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by Masajes, Apr 26, 2007.

1. Masajes

Masajes Member

Hey everyone. I have this movie called "shinobi" on my HD, its on video_ts folder, with .ifo .bup and .vob files, as it should.
    Now... there are some parts of the whole DVD that I would like to erase/take out/exclude BEFORE I actually burn it on my verbatim DVD+R.

Now, I would like to take out the first warning (which is on title 3 chapter 1) and the consecuent 3 "upcoming movies" trailers (which are on T04CH01, T05CH01, and T06CH01) which are on spanish, and kinda annoying.
    I tried to delete the files by simply...erm...deleting the .vob and .ifo related to the chapters, but it doesnt work that way, the DVD freezes and doesnt know where to go next.
    I read somewhere that I should edit the main VIDEO_TS.IFO file in order to instruct the DVD what file to play next.

To sum it up, I would like the DVD to have the main menu and the SHINOBI movie, nothing less nothing more.

I hope everyone could understand what I'm trying to explain here. If not, please dont hesitate to ask me questions regarding the part you dont understand.

Can anyone help me with this?

2. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

You can use VobBlanker.

3. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

You said you want the main movie and the menu only. Not sure what the menu is going to do for you if you have only the movie?

Anyway, DVD Shrink has a Reauthor mode that allows you to select (or not) the various parts you want, in the order that you want them.

The menu function IS lost when you use the Reauthor mode. But since you want only the main movie, I would suggest you check this out. Works nice and easy. You can preview you choices before creating the backup and burning. Allows you to change your mind about the specific elements and order of play if you should choose more than the main movie only.

Backing up the main movie only reduces the amount of compression, if any, and improves the quality of the backup.

4. Masajes

Masajes Member

Thanks for your answers, I will try vobblanker and dvdshrink and let you know how it went.
    If anyone else wanna help me, please do :)