1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

erasing files

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by pfarmer, Jan 18, 2005.

1. pfarmer

pfarmer Member

I have no clue how this thing works because I don't understand any of the technical terms. Somehow I was able to backup one movie but cannot do it again. After it "read" my next movie I opened DVD shrink. From there I am lost. When I clicked on open files I could not find the one I just backed up. Some how it started burning the very first movie I did. Am I suppose to erase the movie from the memory after it is burned? Help please.

Zeus

2. beltline

beltline Regular member

DVD-Shrink doesn't actually burn. You're probably either using dvd decryptor or nero? Anyway's, before you start shrink, place a folder somewhere easy to get to. If your not sure about this, just rightclick on your desktop, click on "new", and then click on "folder". Name the folder something easy like "DVD". Now double click that folder and right click again when in the folder and click on "new" then "folder". Now name this the name of your movie. Close both folders. Now after you've opened your movie in shrink, when you click on backup, next to the bottom box click browse. Then goto the folder that you named earlier (the one with the name of your movie). This will place your file in a easy to find place for burning later. To find your files later, just click on the browse button of the software your using, click on desktop, and then you should see the folder "DVD", click on that, then you should see the folder with the name of your movie, click on that, and there is your file.

This does two things:

1. Makes it easy to find your movie you want to copy.

2. Makes cleanup easy. You just hold the shift key down and hit delete when finshed (I usually test the media before deleting though).

For a nice easy to follow guide to burning check out this thread and go to Scuba Pete's guide:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2/74599

Here's a visual guide bbmayo put together:

http://home.comcast.net/~bbmayo/

Last edited: Jan 18, 2005