1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Erorr 7 HDD timeout on a brand new WD hard drive

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by bonddong, Mar 9, 2005.

1. bonddong

bonddong Member

I just got a brand new 160gig WD hard drive yesterday I installed it and everything was working fine. I took it out because my spider chip was out of place I got my spider chip back in the right spot I used a hot glue gun fixed that problem. Then I put the hard drive back in now I get error 7 HDD Timeout this hard drive is only one day old I don't understand I put my stock xbox hard drive back in and it works fine it has a 1 year warranty but if I send it in will they say something about the software on it I put 2 games on it before it went error 7 My xbox is a v1.0 spider v1.1 WD 160gig Enhanced IDE Hard Drive.

2. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

Are the lights on you modchip on when you boot up and get Error 7??? If so your modchip is making good contact and you should check you D0. Hmmmmm, I'm thinking here?? The jumper setting is set to Master not Slave right?? I'm sure the IDE cable is all the way in?? How did you format the drive?? did you use an autoinstaller like Slayers or Aid?

3. bonddong

bonddong Member

My mod chip is working fine it works when I put my old xbox 8gig hard drive in. I even tried a new ide wire still nothing I used auto installer deluxe v1.01 everything worked fine until I pulled it out and put it back in now it just shows the xbox logo for a second and then it says error 7. This is a brand new hard drive I have pulled out my old xbox 8gig hard drive and put it back in several times with no problems. This is what I did I put in the new hard drive and the auto installer deluxe automatically detected it and formatted it then I used the prepare Drive I & F option and then I installed the Microsoft Dashboard then I locked the hard drive and installed avalanche dash board and some apps every thing was working I even ripped 2 games to the hard drive worked fine until that last time I pulled it out and put it back in now I get the error 7 HDD Timeout.

4. bonddong

bonddong Member

Oh yeah it is set to master.

5. bonddong

bonddong Member

IF I cant fix it can I just send it in it has a 1 year warranty will they say anything about the games and stuff that is on it I was able to ripp 2 games to it before it went crap on me.