1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

erroneous video files to DVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by JMST, Oct 25, 2005.

1. JMST

JMST Member

can any one please tell me how to put downloaded video files to DVD. ayn suggestions will be appriciated

2. andmerr

andmerr Guest

thats a very broad subject and you havent given us much info to go with.

Whats your pc stats?
    what is the file format that you have downloaded (avi/wmv/asf/xvid/divx)???????????????
    What encoders do you have?
    what burning apps do you have?
    What media (dvdr or is it cdr) that you use???????

3. JMST

JMST Member

sorry im new to this, i have a pentium 4 pc with a DVD RW (multi recorder drive) the file format is AVI, im not sure about the encoders, i have an updated nero and i have DVD-R and +R discs

4. gear79

gear79 Guest

use nero vision express to re-encode your files, open the proggy, click the create your own dvd, add your selected files, and follw the rest. burn at speend 4x or less on quality media, no multi-tasking while encoding or burning and let it run. unless your stand alone dvd plater will play avi files direct, then if so, make a data dvd and burn it instantly.

5. andmerr

andmerr Guest

ok you need to run your file through avicodec and then display the properties for us to see then we can suggest what you do next.

Heres a link to downloading it.

[​IMG]

I have a rough idea what your files going to say so i recommend that you download this program VSO divx to dvd as well.Heres a link for that as well.

http://www.filepedia.com/video_software/dvd-r_tools/vso_divxtodvd_free.cfm

this is the free version.

[​IMG]

The reason i suggest this is that you need to convert your avi files to that of an mpeg2 compatible format before you use your nero to burn it to a dvd disc so that you can play it in your standalone dvd player.

Have a go and see how you progress.Any probs just repost , we are here to help you .

andmerr

6. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

May I join in with a queerie? I have several files in MPEG-2 format, can they be burnt without conversion? If they need converting to burn with NeroVisionExpress which format and which conversion proggy to use, thanks.

7. mistycat

mistycat Active member

MPEG-2 files are DVD compliant already and can be burned to DVD as is.

8. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

Tahnks for your reply,information greatly appreciated

9. andmerr

andmerr Guest

@ gwendolin your always welcome you should know that by now.Every one has questions and thats what we are here for.
    (same topic anyway)_
    As the files are already in the right format you should be able to add them into dvd movie with nero.I only use the recode version of nero and its rather easy.

hers a look:[​IMG]

10. andmerr

andmerr Guest

just go to import and select where the files are , then merge them if you want to and then next.Follow the rest of the prompts and see how you go.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2005
  11. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

@ andmerr thanks for making me feel good! I haven't used Recode before however I do have the Proggy so I will give it a spin. Another question...how do you get the "pictures" of your progs to show in these threads. As an example you have displayed Nero Recode, I just dont know how to do it.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2005
  12. andmerr

andmerr Guest

thats what we are here for.See we are laid back here...........lol

Ok down to business:

Your 1st question is easy.I use a screen capture tool to save the image in a *jpg file.

heres a link to a trial version

[​IMG]

i then upload the image to a free web picture hosting site.Heres the link to the one i use:

http://photobucket.com/

Next i just right click the image once i have uploaded it and copy the url or properties and then paste it between [*img][*/img]

13. andmerr

andmerr Guest

but you dont have the * in the brackets.You can add the same to the signature box in your profile and then have a lasting image or gif as your sig.

14. andmerr

andmerr Guest

heres the one i'm using for a demo and i ll show you how you do it in your sig.

[​IMG]

see if this helps you more.

andmerr

15. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

@ andmerr Thanks for that, I have joined up for photobucket and am now downloading snagit.Will see how things go when I need it, its been a real pain trying to get to this point, I only learned today how to Edit messages whilst reading a thread by Alkohol...never too old to learn.

16. gear79

gear79 Guest

@ gwendolin.......
    image shack does the same as well as photo bucket.
    they are both image hosting sites, and as andmerr says, use the [*img] before and after your link (without the *) and leave no spaces...
    good luck and here is image shack's link
    http://www.imageshack.us/

17. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

@ gear79 thanks for that, I will also check it out. Just think I have been getting frustrated trying everything I knew (not much) and had no success now I am awash with knowlege although I am yet to succeed.

18. gear79

gear79 Guest

you will never stop learning here, i promise you that!

19. andmerr

andmerr Guest

just remember some sites wont let you link to there site (hot linking)as it chews the bandwidth thats why we use a free image host site.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2005
  20. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

I have done a few "trial runs" so far and they're both good progs, now will have to sort something out for my sig....interesting!