1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error 06

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by DarkMMM, Apr 22, 2007.

1. DarkMMM

DarkMMM Member

OK, My xbox with my mod chip was playing up, kept restarting etc, so i went and bought a new one. I have now put my chip in the new one, all worked fine. I then went and put in my old hdd (which worked in my first xbox but wasnt the one that came with it 20gb one) but kept getting the error 06 with the chip on or off.
    I then put back in the HDD which came with my new xbox got it to bios and somehow clicked/copy to copy the Eeprom from the chip to the new hdd/xbox. Now both HDD are coming up Error 06.

Help :(

I have a X3 chip btw.

2. krj15489

krj15489 Active member

6 - kernel - Cannot unlock HDD

If you understand the above, you should be able to understand what this means. It means you are trying to boot up the xbox with an harddisk that is locked in combination with ANOTHER motherboard than you are using it with right now.

What can i do about it, you ask? Well place the harddisk back in the xbox where it came from. After that, UNLOCK the harddisk with the same procedure i explained above (see error 5). Now when the harddisk is UNLOCKED, put it in the xbox which gave you the error. Now when you boot up with the chip ON it should not give you an error anymore.

However when you put the xbox on with the chip OFF your xbox will give you an error. (error 5) So to make sure you can boot original and boot with the chip ON. Next do the same as above: "Boot up your xbox with the chip on. Preferrably with a slayer evo-x cd. Now you choose "Eeprom management." Than you choose: "Lock hdd." It takes one second. After its ready it should say something like "Done"
    When it is ready just turn off your xbox. Disable your chip and try to boot original. Now there should be no more error.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/210562

Last edited: Apr 23, 2007
  3. DarkMMM

DarkMMM Member

The first xbox where it came from doesnt work anymore and the other drive is the one from the hdd giving it the error 06