1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ERROR 16..even after xbhdm was used

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by kryptonix, Apr 12, 2007.

1. kryptonix

kryptonix Member

my friend bought an xbox on ebay.withan error 16. I have fixed 4 other xboxes with error 16, and they all work fine. My friend gave me the xbox to fix becasue he knows i fixed many before with this error. So i did the same thing as i always did, and when I put the xbox hdd back in, then it still shows error 16. ( im doing it without the eeprom, as i always have) can anyone help me? because i really dont want to have to get an eeprom reader to find the eerpom and get a clean new harddrive..

thanks

2. cakes227

cakes227 Guest

how do you use hdm without an eeprom? you can try a hotswap

3. kryptonix

kryptonix Member

i fixed it already...with xboxhdm..you can still replace the C and E files without eeprom..but not lock or unlock the harddrive

4. abomberia

abomberia Member

i am having the same problems and i cant play games at all and i would like to know how to hook up my harddrve like to my comp to like inject the dashboard back it thank you

5. cakes227

cakes227 Guest

try a hotswap, search for a thread on it

6. kryptonix

kryptonix Member

the way i did mine wus a hotswap through an external drive.. and i used xplorer 360 to read tha hdd on my computer, and found the eeprom thru there. afterwards i got a new hdd and used xboxhdm to make a fresh xbox hdd