1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error 16 Xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by HeLLSaTaN, Feb 16, 2005.

1. HeLLSaTaN

HeLLSaTaN Member

I might buy my friends xbox that has a error 16 problem. (16 - dashboard - Other files to do with dashboard / dashboard settings (specific dashboard error)
    I got a locked hd from my 1 xbox that i sorta fked up myself but still.. I was thinking if i put my hd in his will that work? or could i take his hd and back it up somehow thro my pc?

2. shdwsfall

shdwsfall Regular member

If your hard drive is still locked from your old xbox then no it will not work in his.

Reason: The hard drive is locked with a certain code. This code is stored on the xbox motherboard. To use the hard drive at all it needs to be unlocked. So if your old xbox doesnt work at all, then that hard drive is pretty much useless...unles you want to take a chance and de-solder the chip on the motherboard that contains the key, and re-solder it on the new xbox. But that is very difficult.
    ----------------------------

Baking up his harddrive to your pc:
    I am not sure exactly what you mean here...but it is possible to make a backup of a hard drive on your pc, but you need to be able to connect by FTP inorder to do so.

If his xbox is modded, then you would be able to boot evox from a CD and then re-install the dashboard files on his Hard drive to make it work again.
    -----------------------------------------------

If none of these options seem resonable, there is always the option of buying a new hard drive online. You can buy bigger hard drives for your xbox that come unlocked, however if the xbox is not modded...it will not work with an unlocked hard drive.

3. HeLLSaTaN

HeLLSaTaN Member

So if i get a unlocked hd do i need 2 figure out the hdd info or anything or do i just put it in and it has all the files rdy to go will it just work?

4. kakeakeai

kakeakeai Regular member

you could do that or hotswap the original hard drive and repair it with xbhdm.