1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error 21 after Xbox Hotswap with 4034 Dash

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by jras006, Mar 11, 2009.

1. jras006

jras006 Member

I have an xbox with: Kernel version:4034 and Dash version:4034

I created a xboxhdm boot disk using a guide from http://www.xbox-linux.org/wiki/Install_Xebian_Without_Games_HOWTO using MS dash files (5960??) from Slayers 2.6 CD (System\All\C\*) extracted with Qwix.

Booting from the disk and hot swapping the HD from the xbox, I deleted all the files on the PriMas/C and PriMas/E drives and copied over the files from the xboxhdm CD using xbrowser.

(I did try backing up the C drive, but had to delete the backups these as I received an error saying there was no more space left when copying the files to the xbox HDD!)

Rebooting i get error 21 which Im thinking is because the MS Dash i copied from Slayers (5960) is not the original version I had installed (4034).

I can boot from games but and have read that I should have upgraded the dash to 5960 (using a xbox live game e.g halo 2) before trying this. Problem is I dont have any Live Games and I dont have a mod chip to repair via AID or Slayers Installer!

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the original 4034 dash or C Drive or which files I need to update to go about fixing this?

Im still able to hotswap the drive and copy files to it. Thanks for taking the time to read this, hope I can get this fixed!

2. jras006

jras006 Member

Just thought Id mention I have backed up C drive (using the ndure script and option 4) which is still available on the E drive :)

3. jras006

jras006 Member

Ok problem solved, was able to upgrade to 5960 dash using a live game.

Then I ran the ndure script after hotswaping and booting into xbhdm.

Installed xebian (booting from a DVDR) and also FTPd over ConfigMagic and ran the default.xbe file using unleashx file explorer to backup my eeprom.

Wiiiked!