1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

error 21, possible hd going bad?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by explorer, Jan 24, 2007.

1. explorer

explorer Guest

I have a dual boot softmod from sid4. EvoX dash boots fine and plays games but i get error 21 when tring to boot to ms dash. So far ive only tried to reinstall ms dash with Aid 3.0, that didnt fix it. Any suggestions?
    About the hd. The xbox makes a loud boot up noise and i can hear a lite whinning noise when on. Thanks.

2. xxteakxx

xxteakxx Regular member

you probably lost your c drive. google "ms dash hosted by pirrup" and put that in your c drive

3. explorer

explorer Guest

I'll try that. Thank you

4. explorer

explorer Guest

Update. Wasnt able to find a working link for pirrup msdash but i did try the Live update off a couple games. They would install bout half way then fail. Does that confirm C drive is lost? Should i keep searching for pirrup msdash? Also, i added Avalaunch as an app and i can boot msdash that way. Does that mean anything? Thanks

5. xxteakxx

xxteakxx Regular member

Sorry man, I recently found out that the link has been broken, you're going to have to find another ms dash download.

6. explorer

explorer Guest

Ok. Thank you for the help.

7. haduke

haduke Guest

You can probaly find what you're looking for from Xbins. There's a tutorial on here to show you how to use Xbins. I doubt that your C Drive is lost if you can boot to your MS Dash through an application. It probaly has something to do with your evox file. Maybe something is directed to the wrong place.

8. explorer

explorer Guest

I'll look into xbins Haduke. Thank you