1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error 21

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by dragons21, May 27, 2007.

1. dragons21

dragons21 Member

A while back my friend tried to mod my xbox using a softmod, sadly it failed. Untill recently I haven't discovered that my old xbox could be repaired from "error 21". Can someone please explain to me how to do this, step by step, using the master cables from my computer to my xboxharddrive?

2. dragons21

dragons21 Member

I have two xboxes, mine (error 21) and my friends (error 16). My friends xboxhdd is currently hooked up to my computer through the primary master.

3. corn

corn Guest

If you made an Xbox Backup in the Softmod menu, then you can boot up the Xbox game you used to softmod with, and just restore your backup, that is, if your Xbox still boots disks. Some do, and some don't.

4. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Error 21 is a corrupt dash. Use the "Hotswap" method.

5. dragons21

dragons21 Member

I tried gaining acess to the xbox hdd through hotswap, but I can't get Xplorer360 to find my HDD when its plugged into the primary master slot -.-

6. corn

corn Guest

Thats all fine and dandy, but did you try what I told you?

7. dragons21

dragons21 Member

Someone told me that I need to set the jumpers on the xboxhdd and pchdd to CS, I'm going to try this and see if it works alright...

Oh, and neither of my xboxes can boot disks -.-

Last edited: May 28, 2007
  8. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

The Xbox HDD will be CS anyway, all CS does is let the PC make the decision on which drive is bootable with respect to the position on the cable!

Shouldn't matter in our case as the Xbox one isn't bootable!!!

As for not finding it, try and try again. The 'Hotswap' is a bitch at finding the drive, but it does find it! I no longer hotswap, ever, as I have an eeprom reader!

It'll work, just persevere with it! Also make sure that the white 'Microsoft' logo appears BEFORE you unplug the IDE!

Just don't turn your Xbox off without plugging the IDE cable back in first!!!