1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error 80000004

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by idjit, May 27, 2007.

1. idjit

idjit Member

Ok, so, I'm kind of new to the whole OE firmware stuff. I've currently got 3.40 OE-A installed, but every time I try and run an EBOOT.pbp from my PSP I get a black screen followed by a message saying the game could not be started, error 80000004. I've looked all over the internet for various solutions, but most of them end up being vague or for older versions of the OE firmware. Is it a problem with my ISOs? Or is the problem something else?

2. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

Where did you put the eboot...we need more info

3. idjit

idjit Member

It's in the GAME folder. More specifically, in a folder in the GAME folder, with a key file.

Last edited: May 27, 2007
  4. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

do u have a UMD in the psp, most ISO's need UMD's to play. I also think OE's might just not take eboots but i have no clue, try it.

5. DXR88

DXR88 Regular member

there have been simalir problems with 3.40OE .... might sound upsured but just downgrade back to 3.10OE or on of the 3.03OE's....
    i had the same problem and that solved it also wait till dark Alex releases a rev. of 3.40OE before tring it again.... some how i think sony has somthing to do with.... it also make sure your homebrew folder is set to 3.40 ...you can do that by holding down the L+R buttens on start up..

6. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

Actually just the R.

7. idjit

idjit Member

Yeah! I finally got it to work! I think it was my ISO. I simply downloaded a new one and it worked just fine. Though, I still am not completely sure about that being the root problem, but as long as it works I'm not going to worry too much about it. Thanks for the advice guys.