1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error (80020148)

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by ReAps, Mar 10, 2007.

1. ReAps

ReAps Member

Hi all,I'm having a problem with a psp i've just purchased,it was at 2.60 firmware(dunno if a game worked with that)i upgraded to 3.03 but no original games works giving me the message "The game could not be started(80020148)"the game shows in umd but then i try to launch the game it comes back with that message,any information would be appricated.

2. bigcuz000

bigcuz000 Regular member

Are you trying to run UMD games or ISOs loaded from a memory stick. be more specific.

80020148: unsupported prx

3. ReAps

ReAps Member

Thx for the reply man,as i stated in the topic tis orginals and not ISO's,really wierd thing as i aint a noob with psp's,but this is a bit beyond me,

4. bigcuz000

bigcuz000 Regular member

sounds to me like it was a bad update. i have done some research and it seems 2.60 updates had this problem sometimes. but it should have been fixed when you updated to 3.03. i think the umd drive is bad myself. the error code says it is a unsupported prx or it is unable to read the data.psar. so the umd drive might be bad.

5. ReAps

ReAps Member

I thought that may have been the problem but thought stick with it,now the million dollar question,can it be fixed simply?

6. bigcuz000

bigcuz000 Regular member

if it can be done, i havent heard much about it. you can probably replace the laser but that is some hard work. it is your choice man. you can use it as a paperweight, trash it, or sell it, or repair it (maybe).