1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error 80020148

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by fatleon5, Jun 27, 2007.

1. fatleon5

fatleon5 Regular member

Hello, I have a 3.03 oe-c psp and I get the error 'Game could not be started 80020148' when trying to play the game dungeon maker: hunting ground.
    I can play all other games fine including the just released FF anniversay edition. To get this game to work will I need to get a new firmware? and will many new games need this new firmware, because I can live without this one game as long as all my other ones play ok.
    And also if I did get a new firmare version, would I lose anything from 3.03 oe-c like homebrew stuff and that?

Sorry for all the questions, thanks.

2. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

u may need to upgrade to 3.40 oe-a. yes, several new games will need this firmware. if u get a newer custom firmware version, the only thing u will lose is cheat device packs. u can convert icons to run in custom xmb. nothing else, except the need to run flash agent for custom xmb.

3. fatleon5

fatleon5 Regular member

ok thanks for your help, I think ill go up to 3.40 oe-a then, ill probably need gta liberty city stories again wont I. Am I right in thinking I go down from 3.03 oe-c to 1.5 then up to 3.40 oe-a?
    Im not bothered about cheat device packs or custom xmb's so I guess I may aswell get a newer custom firmware. Thanks again for your help.

4. fatleon5

fatleon5 Regular member

Oh and by the way, after down and upgrading your supposed to fromat your memory stick aren't you? Do I have to do this for my 2gb and 4gb one? its gonna be a pain copying all my games and stuff onto pc then back again but I suppose its better to be safe than risk bricking the psp.

5. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

no, u do not need gta lcs to RECOVER. recovering is different from downgrading.

6. fatleon5

fatleon5 Regular member

oh ok tar, im doing it the lazy way and using an installer :D its the one off this site so I trust it.
    Im just waiting for my battery to charge to 75%.

I always get nervous when doing this....

7. zaperbaby

zaperbaby Member

If you are using custom firmware turn psp on then after its on hold power switch up till power led is off then hold R trigger down well powering up you will get in the recovery mode press down 3 times to go to
    advanced -> then press X press down to go to
    advanced configuration -> press X again press down twice got to
    (Execute BOOT.BIN in umd/iso) set it to disable my

gta lcs UMD would not start with this enabled I think this also works with other games with the error 80020148 hope this help some one out with there games on custom firmware custom frimware rocks and lets you do so many cool things

8. deegreat

deegreat Guest

Basically if u are trying to load and iso of your memory stick and you get this error you simply put a umd in the drive and the game should then run fine from the memory stick and by the way all my functions are disabled through the recovery mode on 3.40oe-a hope this helps

9. fatleon5

fatleon5 Regular member

Ive got 3.40 oe-a now and all the games that didnt work before now work! :D

Thanks for everyones help.