1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

error 80710102 *FIXED*

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by vivalakev, May 20, 2007.

1. vivalakev

vivalakev Member

I've got the 60gig Australian version of the PS3 and when I set it up to use the net, I keep getting the error 80710102.

I googled this question and didn't get any help whatsoever.

I'm running: a Siemens Speedstream 6520 wireless modem (it has the router built in) and the console can recognize the wireless, it obtains an IP address, but if I try to connect to the net using the PS3, I get that error. Same if I go to do a software update.

Though if I do an Automatic network setup, it will detect the modem, but says it can't gain an IP address. Though if it is set up manually, its fine until its gets to the Internet Connection test.

What could be the problemo?

2. stickweed

stickweed Regular member

Either your firewall is on, your WEP (wireless security) is eating your bandwidth to a stand still, a wall between the router and the ps3 is blocking the connection

or you could try these settings
    SETTINGS > NETWORK SETTINGS > INERNET CONNECTION SETTINGS > WIRED CONNECTION OR WIRELESS >

WIRED CONNECTION > CUSTOM > MANUAL SETTINGS > AUTO DETECT > AUTOMATIC > DO NOT SET > MANUAL ( DNS1 : 208.67.222.222 , DNS2 : 208.67.220.220 ) > AUTO > DO NOT USE > ENABLE > X > X

WIRELESS > ENTER MANUALLY > ( ENTER SSID OR CONTINUE ) > ( CHOOSE SECURITY OR CONTINUE ) > CUSTOM > AUTO > DO NOT SET > MANUAL ( DNS1 : 208.67.222.222 , DNS2 : 208.67.220.220 ) > AUTO > DO NOT USE > ENABLE > X > X

3. vivalakev

vivalakev Member

The settings you listed there are the ones I have for my PS3 already, and the firewall has allowed access through it.

I asked the guy at my local EB Games store, he said it should have connected to the network straight away with the automatic options...?

4. vivalakev

vivalakev Member

I restarted my wireless modem and the problem cleared up.

But now when I click the signup thing for the Playstation network, it comes up with a new error: 8002AE10.

I googled and seached this site, but the error code wasn't listed anywhere.

It tells me on the PS3 that its a DNS error..

5. vivalakev

vivalakev Member

Ooops. It is now coming up with 8002AE1D error. Not the one I stated in the last post.

6. vivalakev

vivalakev Member

Turns out it was a signal strength problemo.

I moved the PS3 into the room where the wireless modem was and it picked it up straight away. Where as before I only had 52% signal in the other room..

7. stickweed

stickweed Regular member

Good to here it worked out.