1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

error after error with shrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by siccamaro, Sep 15, 2004.

1. siccamaro

siccamaro Member

hello everyone!!

first, i tried "daddy day care" and shrink wouldn't even recognize that there was a disc in the drive, then i tried "bruce almighty" and i sticks on 0% encoding for a minute and then an error pops up which reads "dvd shrink has encountered an error and cannot continue. programming error-exception occured. the handle is invalid". does anyone know what this means and how to fix it??

i love dvd shrink and i have used it to make backups of over 90 movies. this is the first time i've been getting errors with it...

HEIDI

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

try ripping that dvd with dvd decrypter first.

3. siccamaro

siccamaro Member

thanks, but how do i do that properly??

HEIDI

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

click mode-file. then select all the files. after done ripping, open shrink and click open files.

5. pizzaface

pizzaface Member

best thing to do is to remove the error. When it pops up....just WHACK it like you do to the moles at the amusement parks. Whack it the most and you win a prize. So keep up the good WHACKING

6. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Wow. Such brilliance.

7. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Hi Heidi, Welcome to AfterDawn!
    You may want to try and remove Shrink and then reinstall it. Sometimes this helps. No guarantee though. Give it a shot and let us know.

Pizzaface, Grow up.

Cheers,
    Frank

8. siccamaro

siccamaro Member

thanks guys-the ones with helpful advice at least :)

i tried uninstalling and reinstalling shrink twice, but it didn't help. it's very odd, i have no problems but with the two movies that i mentioned. it's frusterating...

i tried to do the bit that sly mentioned and rip with decrypter first and that didn't work either. i don't know what else to do for these two stubborn movies, so if anybody else has any ideas, throw them my way!!

HEIDI

9. zippyd

zippyd Regular member

sometimes playing the dvd in your pc's video player for a few minutes and then opening either shrink or decrypter will help. haven't done it personally but have read where others have tried and it worked.

10. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Hi zippyd,
    Good call! I remember doing that a couple of times to kinda get the things to unlock and it worked.

Heidi,
    check and make sure your discs are good and clean as well. Normally though with a dirty or scratched disc you get a Cyclic Redundancy Check error, but it does not hurt to see if they have scratches or dirt..

Another thing, can you try another movie, one that you have done before? That will tell you if it is a problem with the program or the movies that won't rip.
    Cheers,
    Frank

I've burned both these movies without any problems