1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error code 07

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by gentlegia, Mar 16, 2007.

1. gentlegia

gentlegia Member

A friend of mine tried to softmod his xbox, during the hotswap he probably killed the xbox hdd and now the xbox gives him an error 07. he does not have any hdd backup.
    Can I help him with my xbox which has a aladdin modchip?
    Thanks for the help

2. steimy

steimy Active member

http://www.teammodders.com/forum/how-to-hotswap-and-recover-a-hd-without-an-eeprom-backup-t91.html

7 - kernel - HDD timeout

Most of the times, the IDE cable is not properly connected when you see this error. Please reattach the ide cable. Not only to the harddisk drive but also to the dvd drive. ALso try to reconnect the ide cable to the motherboard.

Press pretty hard so it goes all the way in. Make sure it is seated straight and proper in the drives and the motherboard. If you still have an error 7. Try another ide cable. If that won't work try another harddisk. If there is still no go, try to set the jumpers on the rearside of the harddisk drive. Set it to master or cable select. If still no succes, then your SOL!

It may be possible foy you to put his hard drive in your and use AID 3.1 to reformat and resoftmod it, but i am not sure due to the fact the each Xbox has an EEPROM file that is unique to that system. Without it i am not sure you can do it. But by using the above link you should be able to hotswap it and rebuilt it back to retail, then use AID 3.1 to softmod it and reinstall all the dashboards and programs.

3. gentlegia

gentlegia Member

I will try to follow your instructions, Thank you.

4. pads4ever

pads4ever Member

ok, i did that, i try to softmod my friends xbox and during the hotswap something went wrong, i hook up the HD back to the xbox and it wont turn on, thought the plugs were bad or something, so i took some other HD and plugged in to the HD power supply cord and it turn on, so the power supply seems fine.

But why wont the Xbox HD turn on???, it cant be fried since the power cord was never removed our touch, i tried putting it on the pc and the same result, the HD dint power up. What gives???