1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

error code 6 but im sure i locked it correct

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by singh2704, May 2, 2005.

1. singh2704

singh2704 Member

wow you guys are guna love this....yes i did get my hdd key and i got liveinfo to generate a new hdd key for a new (pc) drive...i even hexed it n im pretty sure i done that right (tutorial on xboxscene) i had the hex values 4252 4652 (in red) and yes i prepared my drive by zeroing th first 4096 sectors....but my stumbling block was i thought the original xbox hdd was dead (error code 7) on llamma....so i jus formatted it on mmc pretty sure i formatted it wrong anyway (partitons etc)....anyway now for my new drive that has been prepared and hexed the hdd driver get a ordinal 5078 error so i cant even recognise the new xbox hdd....and now i got nowt to restore into the new drive....oh and yes on liveinfo i did load my eeprom from th back-up i made wen i first had my box softmodded and that generated a hdd key to lock my new hdd and now its locked (via hdlock/unlock) and i checked on atapwd.exe and its all plus' but for a "m" in th v and th x at the end of th "selfvx" or sumit plz plz plz can i get a back up of a xbox drive restore it to my new drive .....or can someone help with error code 6?

2. mdsup

mdsup Guest

error 6 is "cannont unlock hd"

3. singh2704

singh2704 Member

<sigh> i know what the error message is "can't unlock the harddrive" but i think im gonna get a modchip (solderless) been on xbox scene and shouldnt be hard to fit iit in me version 1.0 but although i have my eeprom.bin file and all hdd passwords/keys and and the tools to lock disable and unlock my drives i havent got a back up of my original hdd (c folder0 i went and formatted my old drive not thinking.......if i get a modchip can i bypass needing a back up as my new drive will be set with my old eeprom.bin file and i got configmagic and slayers ready to roll?