1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

error code 6 please help

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by imryan, Jul 15, 2007.

1. imryan

imryan Member

hi guys, i recently purchases a new xbox original console because my old one had an error 16 on it. now, i have error 6 after using configmagic. i opened up configmagic, did all the steps from the tutorial on xbox-scene.com and when i rebooted my xbox, i couldnt load any games or go to a dashboard, just to error code 6. i dont want to void the warranty by opening the xbox because its a week old, and if i could return it i would but its modded. how can i fix it without opening it up? if i must then fine, but i do not want to open my computer especially. i also do not have another xbox to use in order to hotswap or anything. please help...

2. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

What sort of warranty does an original Xbox have?

Why were you using config magic?

Error 6 is a HDD that's locked with the wrong eeprom.

Use my tutorials (Click on my name), unlock the drive again with whatever eeprom you used, and then use the correct one for your Xbox to lock it!

3. imryan

imryan Member

but thats the thing i dont have a backup of my original eeprom on my comp (dumbass me) so what should i do? by the way if you have AIM could i please have your screename so i could talk to you directly?

4. imryan

imryan Member

anyone?

5. imryan

imryan Member

anyone?

Last edited: Jul 16, 2007
  6. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

You're in softmodder hell my friend!

You need either an 'EEPROM Reader' or a modchip! You NEED that eeprom from the motherboard if you want to use the Xbox! The Modchip allows you to bypass the eeprom.

You can make the decision of which path to follow!

7. imryan

imryan Member

alright, now riddle me this. how can i use the eeprom reader (if i need to open my computer at all then no because its my family computer and i would never be allowed) and if not is a modchip worth it, or should i just purchase a pre-hardmodded xbox from l*l*a*m*m*a.com (its expensive $$) ?