1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error Code 6

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by stoned420, Jan 28, 2007.

1. stoned420

stoned420 Guest

Hi I have two xboxes, one doesn't turn on, and the other has a HDD that clicks and freezes at the X(but fails to say microsoft under it) when I turn it on.. I tried to switch the HDD from the broken one to the other and read that it has a key that you need to know to unlock it. So being a total newb I got a Xenium Gold SP solderless thinking after installation it would automatically read the HDD. Well I installed the chip and it still gives error code 6.. is there a way to fix either HDD's or do I need to get another one?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2007
  2. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

sorry to say man, but with error code 6(unable to unlock hdd), sounds like your hdd is junk. without having your eeprom your hdd is a paperweight. when you turn on your xbox and then the "microsoft" logo appears that means your hdd is unlocked and for some reason it is not doing so. i am pretty sure you can get your eeprom with a hard mod,i am not sure how, as i am into softmods. but if you can get your eeprom,i would just buy a bigger hdd and build it. by the way are you using stock hdd, or a bigger one, because if you are using bigger one, pop in the stock hdd, grab the eeprom from backup folder(using evox dashboard) and build a new one from scratch.

3. stoned420

stoned420 Guest

Sorry let me clarify a little... what i meant to say was I have a V1.0 xbox that turns on but it's HDD clicks and doesn't load the MS dashboard or any games... I had another xbox that didn't turn on, but other than that was fine. So I tryed switching the HDDs from one xbox to the other, the problem is I can't get the eeprom to unlock the HDD, so it comes up with the error code 6 screen.. I was wondering if their was a way around this..

4. xxteakxx

xxteakxx Regular member