1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error Copying Movies

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Trung8221, Feb 14, 2005.

1. Trung8221

Trung8221 Member

Fail to read file "D:\"

Data Error (cyclic redundancy check)

I'm currently using DVD X Copy Platinum and DVD Shrink 3.2 and 3.1.

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

DVD X copy programs can not decrypt the new encryptions that came out in December 2004. So thats one possibility. The CRC error could also be from a dirty or damaged original. That is the most common item that causes that error.

Jerry

3. Trung8221

Trung8221 Member

I see. I believe the orignal is in bad shape. I think that might be the cause. Thank you for you help. What program are you currently using to back up you DVD movies. I just need to find the best program out there, but it seems like all the program have some kind of problem. let me know.. Thanks.

4. kchev

kchev Regular member

rip with dvddecrypter then run them through shrink ;) (for discs shrink can't handle by itself)

Last edited: Feb 15, 2005
  5. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Trung8221, As far as free programs go you can't beat DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter. However about a year ago a Senior member suggested to me a Newbie at that time to try Clonedvd with Anydvd combination. They have a 21 day free trial to see if you like them. I downloaded them, tried them and then purchased them. They have been my first choice for backups since. The cost is about $70. total for both. Well worth the money and I haven't had any problems with any backups using them. Just my opinion.

Jerry

6. straubd

straubd Guest

I have the same problem as Trung. I get Data Error (cyclic redundancy check)no matter what disk I try to back up (or what condition the disk is in). I used DVD Decrypter instead but I got I/O errors always. I'm at a loss as to how to fix this issue as I've tried everything I can think of. I suppose I could try another program but I'm a hardcore shrinker and I don't think I should have to do without.

7. straubd

straubd Guest

Stupid double post

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2005
  8. Juhnny

Juhnny Member

I have had some of these errors as well. Sometimes, I just retry SHRINK and it works. Other times I just switch drives. I notice sometimes my DVD drive does not like to read the dvd as well as my dvd burner. If you did not know you can use your dvd burner to do the whole process. When it gets to the burning process it will just spit out the dvd and wait for you to put in a blank dvd. To see if your dvd drive may be acting up test the same dvd on both drives. Just do the analysing. I notice my dvd burner will analyize faster then my dvd drive which are both 16x. When this does not work I just use decrypt then shrink. Have not had a dvd I could not copy yet!!!

9. straubd

straubd Guest

I have alcohol which emulates a dvd drive. I uninstalled it and the problem is no longer. I can only assume it was due to the extra drive.