1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error could not perform end of DISK AT ONCE

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by wash500, Jun 1, 2004.

1. wash500

wash500 Member

Hello I have NERO 6, I’m using dvd2one 140 to shrink my DVD, and DVD decrypter, I can save everything to the hard drive fine and convert, however when I start the burning process I load all my (VIDEO_TS.BUP, VIDEO_TS.IFO and VTS_VOLB) and burn at slowest rate 2.0 my burning goes well to the end, when it’s time to finalize, I get a an error that reads
    INVALID field in command Pioneer DVD-rw DVR-107D could not perform end of disc-at-once.
    What am I doing wrong, and can I use different burning software any suggestions, I’ve lost about 10 DVD disks already and these things are expansive..
    Thanx in advance.

Also I recently got DVD shrink 3.1 what’s better shrink or dvd2one?

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi wash500, Welcome to AD -

What type of OS file system are you using, NTFS or FAT32 ?

Pete

3. wash500

wash500 Member

Hi wash500, Welcome to AD -

What type of OS file system are you using, NTFS or FAT32 ?

Pete

sorry i'm not so good with software lingo, could u explain what ur asking me, thanx..

4. THFS

THFS Member

Go to My Computer and click the drive you put the image on. If you need to click the X just below the Address box, the X should be next to Folders. Near the bottom on the left it should say File System: and then FAT32 or NTFS. That's what you need to know.

5. wash500

wash500 Member

thanx THFS

i have my files on a external drive, FAT32
    thanx hope u can help...

6. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Are you using Windows 98, ME, 2000, or XP. If you're using Win98, or ME, then you are likely using FAT32. If you're using Win 2000 or XP it's more likely that you are using the NTFS File system, almost. Many PCs that were sold during the early arrival of Windows 2000 were configured to the FAT32 file system because hard disks then were much smaller and FAT32 was a little quicker on hard disks less than 32 gigs. Unfortunately they also had a file limitation size of 4 gigs which made ripping even well trimmed movies unlikely, because most were larger than that. If you have Windows 2000 or above, double click my computer, right click on your C:\ drive and look for file system and you will have your answer as to which file system you are using.
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)[/small]

Last edited: Jun 2, 2004
  7. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

OK there Wash500,

You may want to seriously want to consider changing your PC's HD filing system to the better NTFS system.

and next time we ask a question, if you don't know what we're asking, say so - being quiet doesn't help us help you at all -

I know, you're taking a big step but there ppl here to help you, relax - you're in good hands (lol)

Now it's time to go to class -

FAT32 to NTFS, It’s the right move -

Ya have FAT32 and the 4 Gig ceiling is killing you right ? You really want to backup your DVD's but your filing system is putting the "Kabash" on you so far -

Someone has told you, you must change something in OR on your HD.

You haven’t made a backup of your HD for a Long, long, really long time and you’re worried that messing with your HD could ruin the world as you know it. - Well one of theses days you really need to backup your PC but for this operation, you’ll be able to squeek by. Ya know, ya really do need to do that backup thingie (lol). But for now, it’s not a problem. I haven’t ever heard of anyone losing their PC or even a single file -

No worries mate, you’re just a little bit behind the times is all -

No trouble converting your HD from FAT32 to NTFS, it’s safe and fast.

Hey, take a second and learn something about it -

This is a good place to start, it compares both file systems and their performance -

http://www.ntfs.com/ntfs_vs_fat.htm

(Be sure to check the comparison of the 2 at the bottom of the page) -

Ok, feel better ? You’re about to be brought into the light -

This program is called Partition Magic 8 is simple and easy and best of all - you download the trial version so it costs you Nada, Zip, Zilch as in free. (It’s a good thing, right ? Yep, you bet.)

http://www.soft32.com/download_151.html

Ya feel better working in the Command window - No worries either, Check Cozza (a MOD) away back when he was just a member will give you the “Skinny” right here -

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/81003

OK now, let's stay in touch, if you have questions, post them so we can get ya burning -

We'll be waiting to hear from you -

Pete

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG] The “old man” Pete (ö¿ô)
    Compaq 8000, Pent 4 CPU 2.84GHz, 1GB RAM, 520GB HD.
    4 Drives, JLMS DVD ROM, Nec 4X R/W ND-1300A, HP R/W 200j, AXV CD/DVD-ROM.
    GeForce4 Ti 4200-128MB, OS– XP, SP1[/small]

Last edited: Jun 2, 2004
  8. wash500

wash500 Member

ok i'll try this, but my question is this, do i need to convert the external hardrive or the internal hardive, my internal hardrive has NTFS, my external, (maxtor 120GB) does not, my dvd files are located on the external, but the dvd converting software and nero burning software is located on the internal HD, so should i have everything in the same HD, or can i keep it as i have it?
    say should i convert my external to NTFS and then put all the sofware in the same drive as the destination folders?

thanx everyone all ur help look forward hearing from u all.
    thanx..
    Wash500

9. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

wash500,

Do everything you can find NTFS.

It's a better filing system, period.

Leave all your stuff where it is -

Let us know when it's finished and you've done a burn -

cheers,

Pete

10. wash500

wash500 Member

hey there scubasteve, i downloaded that demo u told me about, but it does not allow me to convert my drive unless i buy it. they want $60 for it and i don't know if i should pay $60 for something i'm only going to use once, do u know of any other sofware that can dthis for me at no cost, I rather spend the money buying more DVD blanks, u know.. if not i'll just go and pay the amount..
    thanx once again for all the help..
    wash500

by the way does anyone here like dance music,(tribal, house, Techno, hardstyle?) let me know and as a special thank u to u i'll send u a mix set recorded during my radio show..
    thanx...

11. wash500

wash500 Member

any sugestions?

12. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

No one ever said you have to buy anything.

Download the program, convert your file system or not, the choice is up to you -

It will do what you want in it's trial mode -

Pete

13. carpki

carpki Guest

I too have a Pioneer 107 re-writer and I get the same problem when burning to + media. However it burns just fine onto - media.It used to burn to +media but for some reason it just stopped doing it!

Have you tried both types of media? I also have a few friends who have had Pioneer 107s with exactly the same problem and had to return them to the shop.

I've tried FAT32,NTFS,Latest Firmware, Upgrading all my software,checking DMA mode, adjusting the space on the disc being burnt ,changed media brands, re-installed this and reinstalled that! till I'm blue in the face and it still does the same.

When you are trying to burn does the buffer level at the bottom of Nero shoot about all over the place? Mine goes from 10% up to 95% when I try to burn to plus media, but remains at a constant 93%-97% when burning to - media.

14. wash500

wash500 Member

ok my external hardrive is now converted to NTFS
    scubasteve please let me know what the next step is, i have dvd shrink and nero 6 dvd decrypter..

please let me know step by step.
    thanx..

15. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

wash500,

Please, please spell my name right if you wish help from me -

My name is ScubaPete ! !

Now, head to this thread, at the bottom and you’ll find a guide for using DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter -

http://forums. Afterdawn. Com/thread_view. Cfm/79846 wash500

Find one of your favorite DVD’s that you wish to backup so that if something happens to the original, you’ll still have a backup of it -

Follow the guide and let’s see how all this stuff works :p)

“P”

16. wash500

wash500 Member

thanx
    i'll let u know how far i get...

thanx again and sorry pete....

17. wash500

wash500 Member

hey scubapete the link is not active when i click on it a non activw page..

18. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Last edited: Jun 8, 2004
  19. dink007

dink007 Guest

I'm using dvd shrink with latest nero. I havent had problem with the programms. Last friday my computer had a problem with burning and it stopped responding. xp had a problem as well. It wouldnt reboot so i told xp to go back to a previous working version. Since then I havent been able to burn a dvd. I reinstalled shrink, nero (which has had a new version) cleaned out hard drive and still has problems on which says could nor preform end of disk at once. Is there a glossary of error for nero and "plain english" what that means and what to do? My coaster collection is getting bigger and bigger. anyone please help?

20. dink007

dink007 Guest

ohhh other info
    xp
    amd 3.3
    lg burner
    512 ddr ram
    128 radeon video