1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error Cyclic Redundancy Check

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by pcman, May 4, 2005.

1. pcman

pcman Guest

I got this error when I tried to copy a DVD+R to my hard drive can anyone tell me what is happening

2. arniebear

arniebear Active member

What program are you using, is this a backup disk, what kind of drive, media, is there a log file? Need some more information. CRC errors are usually caused by dirty/smudged/scratched disk you could try cleaning, if this backup it may have errors in it.

3. neojapan

neojapan Regular member

I got that same error trying to burn a game w/ nero after that my computer went crazy it kept shutting itself down,now its ok though

4. Wizzer05

Wizzer05 Member

CRC error (or Cycle Redundency Check) means that the disc that you tried to copy is either dirty or scratched meaning it's toast!

what u need to do is this:
    get a scratch repair kit and try to repair that DVD-R
    it might work then, or just try cleaning it!!
    Hope that helps
    noemailsallowed@afterdawn.com

Last edited: May 9, 2005
  5. BFD

BFD Guest

you know, I seem to have the most problems with the CRC when I'm using a CD-RW that I've erased and am re-using. I don't even trust rewritables anymore, after my dvd player seemed to get all messed up trying to play a movie written to a DVD-RW - are these weaker media?

6. paztelu

paztelu Regular member

Well rewritable media is not a "weak media" but the issue is that they are designed to be erased and re used, and they have less reflectivility than a normal CD-R or DVD-R, that is why rewritable media some times is less compatible with some players.

7. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

@ Wizzer05

Posting email addies isn't allowed so lets have a much needed look at the forum rules ;)