1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

error downloading codec...how do I get the code's I need?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by tiffanie, Apr 10, 2004.

1. tiffanie

tiffanie Member

I am a total newbie at this DVD burning thing. I found all the movies that I want to burn off of Kazaa Media but when I try to play them on my windows media player I cant see the movie. I can hear it,and some sort of retro screen saver design plays in place of the movie. The error downloading codec is the problem but I have no clue where of how to get the proper code's. Do you need a # of codes for a # of movies? or can you use the same ones? I have so many questions i feel like I need my very own Help Desk. If someone can help me I would be so very happy. PLEASE HELP ME! Thanx: Tiffanie :)

2. clueless1

clueless1 Member

Download BSPlayer. Google it :)
    Btw... I dont think this thread belongs here.

3. tiffanie

tiffanie Member

Im not sure exactly what downloading that would help. I did it and now I cant even open the movies that I hav downloaded. The bs player is another version of my media player. I need something that will de-code the movies that I have or something with downloading codes......I opened this thread in a section that I thought was "newbi ? that may not be impt.",sorry if I boobed...

4. clueless1

clueless1 Member

5. Doohickey

Doohickey Member

Hi tiffanie,
    Ok, I learned this from Nephilim and Viper the other day. Windows media player doesn't come with it's own codec for playing DVD video. But it will *borrow* (or steal? ha!) the needed codec from another player. I'm not familiar with the BSPlayer, but thats probably why clueless had you install it. Anyway, check out this thread:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/80031

you may find all the help you need right there.
    Good luck and stop back if you need more help. ;)

ps...I'm sure you were referring to someones uncopyrighted home movies, right? Be careful.. you might want to read the forum rules (regarding piracy) before posting again ;)

Last edited: Apr 10, 2004