1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

error message at start up saying cpu settings have changed please save and exit please help

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by raebie, Sep 30, 2008.

1. raebie

raebie Guest

I had a pc built in feb 2008 i had to take it straight back because i was getting a message at boot up saying my cpu settings have been changed please save new settings and exit. The thing is i have never changed the settings it is just happening could someone please help with this issue and give me an idea what it could be

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

either dead cmos battery or bad cmos chip.

3. raebie

raebie Guest

thank u very much i will take it back to the place i bought it and get it changed. just wanted to get an idea before i took it back so they could not lie to me thanks

4. ddp

i had a replacement motherboard that each time you start up the computer, it will come up with a cmos error. changed the battery with a known good 1 & it still did it.

5. raebie

raebie Guest

How did u sort the problem then ? The pc i have was built for me at a shop called silicon it has a P5N-ESLI asus motherboard and a core 2 quad cpu. When i first got the pc i got this message coming about my cpu setting's being changed i saved and in bios then exit just like it said then when i rebooted a few times the message came back again. I took the pc back to the shop and they replaced the motherboard for me and it worked for a while then the nessage came up again a couple of days ago i saved the bios settings for the cpu i have rebooted it a good few times since and it has not done it again yet. Any ideas

6. ddp

i rma'ed the motherboard again & the replacement board is working alright.