1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error message causes confusion

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by blueandy, Feb 22, 2005.

1. blueandy

blueandy Member

I've been using DVD Shrink for several months now with no problems at all. Today I went to take a backup of a dvd called Valentine (made in 2001), and immediately an error message came up about encrypted disk and I could not proceed any further.

Next I copied the Video directory from the dvd itself to my hard drive and ran Shrink again pointing at this directory on hard drive, and this time everything worked fine and I was able to burn a dvd succesfully.

Im confused as to why I was able to copy it to hard drive and then run the program without having the encryption error message.

2. hursty

hursty Active member

what did you use to copy it onto your hardrive?

decrypter?

this is a more powerful ripper

3. blueandy

blueandy Member

no a straight forward copy and paste -- I couldnt believe it when it worked

4. blueandy

blueandy Member

Following on from the above, I had another curious problem today.

I was backing up a dvd of a TV series, the first two disks of which I copied last week with no problems.

Disk 3 today gave the error "failed to read drive d, Data error, cyclic redundancy check".

It refused to analyse the disk. I put the dvd into the other drive on my system and had the same problem.

I was able to copy (copy and paste) to my hard drive and run Shrink against it fine from there. I have no problems playing original disk back on my computer.

Afterwards I ran another disk through Shrink with no problems at all - so I am really confused here, particularly as disks 1 & 2 of this series worked fine.