1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error message reading source disk

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by mate777, Apr 20, 2003.

1. mate777

mate777 Member

I keep getting an error message, reading source disk. If I hit the ignore button it will continue to read the next file but it takes forever. It keeps hanging up on file vts_01_1.vob. Right now the time elapsed is 19 minutes and only 7% has been read. Last night I left it on all night and it got to wo files further . Remaining time right now says 19 hours. I am running XP and have a sony dru-500ax. I have no programs running including the screen saver. Any ideas out there.......???

2. maes67

maes67 Guest

try to use some other media disks,ore upgrate your firm ware.

3. mate777

mate777 Member

I downloaded this latest update on the firmware. I have tried different disks. How long does it normally take to prepare the disk. I know it can't be as long as it is taking now.Right now at this latest try it is on the second file VTS_01_2.VOB. The run time so far is 9:43. The lapse is at 40%, the complete movie is at 40% and the current file is at 49%. After each file is completed I get the error reading source disk. When I hit ignore it starts a new file............

4. maes67

maes67 Guest

you say you have windows xp,but doo you have fat32 ore ntfs,because with ntfs you can transfer more than 1 gb.

5. mate777

mate777 Member

NTSF.It is still poking on got to the 3 rd file

6. mate777

mate777 Member

Well I succesfully burned a disk, but it took 32.5 hours to write it to the hard drive. I know that cannot be right. It took 18 minutes to write to a new disk. What was I doing wrong? I shut down everything I could possibly think of before attempting this project. Also I cannot locate it on my hard drive. I looked for the files TS audio and TS video but search cannot find it. Any help would be appreciated.

7. AWKUAN

AWKUAN Member

Hi, I'm having similar problem. I have Sony dru-500ax, and I'm unable to use DVD X COPY with it. DVD X COPY repeatedly crashes when reading the DVD. It gets stuck on the same file that you mentioned. It used to work perfectly when I first purchased the drive a couple of months ago. I reformatted my hard drive to fix the problem, but the problem remains.

8. maes67

maes67 Guest

9. mate777

mate777 Member

I downloaded the newest firmware and I am going to try another movie. In your expierence about how long does it take to copy a disk onto your H/D. These movies all fit on one disk, or so it say's....

10. maes67

maes67 Guest

about 20 min with dvd decrypter,than dvd2one 20 min,and 25 min with nero dvdvideo ad 2x speed.

11. mate777

mate777 Member

Well the download of the firmware did not help. Still extremly slow. This is not going to get it....Don't know what else to do now...

12. maes67

maes67 Guest

Me i ask witch software your using???

P.S. is this a copy you trying too read ore the original???

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2003
  13. mate777

mate777 Member

I am using DVDX for software. I tried using several DVD's all new, not copies.......... I tried again last night same drawn out process. I am getting frustrated not to mention losing a lot of sleep...........

14. maes67

maes67 Guest

do you rip the dvd first,with smartripper ore dvd decrypter because most of them are copy protected.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2003
  15. mate777

mate777 Member

I have done none of those things you mention. Can you give me an idea of what I have to do. I never heard of these things. Thought all I had to do was make a copy, at least that how it was explained to me.......... Also the copy that I made that took so long to copy to my hard drive did not turn out too good.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2003
  16. maes67

maes67 Guest

17. mate777

mate777 Member

Your absolutely right, I did learn something and I am copying a DVD to myt H/D as we speak. It is going about 300% faster before I tried it without ripping. It appears that it will take about 25 minutes to copy it to the H/D. Anyway thanks a million for the information. I will let you know if it is succesful in copying.......

18. mate777

mate777 Member

Success, at last, thanks to you pal. Perfect copy. Found where it was hiding on the H/D also and deleted it. Thanks again.....

19. smg

smg Regular member

That link for burning the DVR-9 to a DVD-5 was fantastic in for making it easy for a beginner. wow. But I didn't see anywhere where I was supposed to create (or where any of the programs ie decrypter or dvd2one created any files/folders labeled VIDEO_TS or AUDIO_TS is it?) I was confused about the Source and Destination part of it when it mentioned about folders I was suppose to create (I assume). Where/when was I supposed to create anything, and which buttons am I supposed to push? Also I thought you had to include some other files before burning that you absolutely neede for it to be a working dvd that would play in a store bought dvd player.