1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error Message Using DVD Shrink??

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Shaun2209, Nov 10, 2004.

1. Shaun2209

Shaun2209 Guest

I'm backing up a copy of a movie of mine but I've hit a bit of a problem with DVD Shrink. 63% of the way through encoding, an error message pops up saying, "Failed to read file D: Data Error (Cyclic Redundancy Check)."

I've used DVD Shrink umpteen times and never had a problem. I've tried to encode this dics 3 times today and keep getting the same message. I've also tried 3 other blank discs, still getting the same message. I use Datawrite DVD-R V3 (Red).

I would be very surprised if the media was at fault, as I've been using Datawrite for a few months now and I've yet to produce a coaster.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Shaun.

2. jomarrod

jomarrod Member

I have been having the same problem. Still could not resolve it. Anybody out there?.....

3. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi guys, That CRC error you are getting is usually from a dirty or damaged original dvd. Check the movie original for dirt or bad scratches. Good luck.
    If the original looks ok it could still have corrupt data on it that may play ok but won't rip properly. If thats the case, try ripping with Decrypter and then run the files through Shrink to get the proper size.

Jerry

Last edited: Nov 10, 2004
  4. Shaun2209

Shaun2209 Guest

Hi Jerry746,

Thanks for the tip. I'll try that.

Thanks again.

Shaun.

5. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

Moved to DVD Shrink Forum