1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error message while downloading .vob file!!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by srvaug, Jan 14, 2008.

1. srvaug

srvaug Member

Iam trying to copy a home movie from Sony dvd camcorder but after copying few files it is not copying the last and main file with video i.e., vts_01_2. It keeps on giving me "cannot copy from source or file" and it skips the main movie part. please help to fix the problem.
    I have been able to copy all the files without a problem with other discs but only 2 particular discs are causing the problem. I can play all of the movie if I play directly from the minidvd

2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

I take it your Sony records to mini DVD's. Either the miniDVD isn't finalized or it is corrupt.

How are you trying to copy it to your hard drive? Does the miniDVD play in Windows Media Player?

3. srvaug

srvaug Member

Yes it is from Sony minidvd. I already finalized the minidvd but still could not upload/import from the disc. It plays fine and all of it in WMplayer and Nero movie mode. Help please if you have any insight on this.
    I tried copy paste and Nero copy disc both are giving me same error and not copying.

4. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hmmm so it will play from cam only on your pc.

but to copy over sticks on 1 vob? sounds like disc or currupt file still like said above...

the cam obvioulsy reads its own disc ok but his maybe a jiont problem, your cam is only just coping from the sounds of it, as other cam dics work ok...

hmmm?

try both app dvd decrypter (ignore read errors) and imgburn i read also has a good ripper of bad files too now, {not decrypter}

after try useing isobuster to read the vob from cam.