1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error message

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by JerseyDre, Jun 15, 2004.

1. JerseyDre

JerseyDre Member

I have a pentium 4 2.0 gig, 115 gig hard drive.

Every time i try to compress my movie it always stops when i get to 4 gigs. I have tried using Dvd shrink, and just recently i tried using Dvd Cloner, but now i know what the reason is. The error message that I get is:

"Fat filesystem 4GB file restriction!
    Does not support files larger than 4gb.

Is there a way to correct this? My brother burns using the same programs at his house with the same specs of pc with no problem, but I get a restriction. Any help is appreciated.

2. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

either convert harddrive to ntfs or....
    open shrink, go to preferences/output files and put a tick in "split vob files into 1 gig size chunks"

My understanding is that the fat32 size limitation applies to file size only, not folder size

3. colw

colw Active member

If you have a FAT32 file system and encoding to a ISO file you will have problems with files larger that 4GB.

Alternatively you can try burning to VOB files - an option available in Shrink - as they are saved as a combination of smaller files (approx 1 GB) you will not have the 4GB restriction.

As deadcat has suggested, your other option is to convert your hard drive to NTFS file format

4. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

JerseyDre,

What O/S are you running? NTFS can only go on a O/S that supports it. Windows 2000 and XP. Says you can also do NT 4.0 but it has limitations.

Do you mean DVD Cloner 2? If so, what problem or error do you get with that?

5. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Does your brother have Nero?