1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

error message

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by kelijah, Mar 24, 2007.

1. kelijah

kelijah Guest

when usung ripit4me i get message in analysing that reads....failed to read file e:\video_ts\vts_05_1.vob
    repuest cpund not be preformed because of an i/o device error...help!

2. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

What's the name and region of the movie?
    What version of RipIt4Me are you using?

3. srbvamp

srbvamp Guest

I myself had a similar problem with an older movie. Mine is the lastest RipIt4Me, I can't remember the verison, right now. Funny thing was it gave me this message with the I/O error but you could see it was still processing. I didn't even try to finish. I think there was something about a part of a file being corrupted or something, it was a couple of days ago. I can't remember all of what it said but I do remember the I/O part. If you have any info on how that might be rectified I would greatly appreciate it.

4. kelijah

kelijah Guest

5. kelijah

kelijah Guest

ripit4me 1.7 national treasure , tristan an isolde it start analizing it i see it on screen but it only do 94% b4 the message come up

6. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

@kelijah,

is this happening on all the dvd's are just these 2.

7. srbvamp

srbvamp Guest

Mine is just this one particular movie. It is Green Card and it is region 1. I have had no other trouble with any other movie but it is a new laptop so I haven't had a chance to try much like audio or data. I will try trying to burn some data disks tomorrow to backup and I have a couple of audio tunes I have to burn in the next couple of days from my collection to back up on a disk, but I am truly sorry I don't have any other info in problems, just that one flick.

8. kelijah

kelijah Guest

on all. i am a newbie do i stay no and wait for an anwser or leave and come back

9. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

kelijah
    There are so many things that can cause errors. First off you need a PC with enough system resources. Then there's different ways of using the software. Some users have been getting errors with Wizard mode they don't with 1-Click.

What kind of PC are you using and how much RAM, how large is the hard drive and how much free space?

When used properly, RipIt4Me has been getting the job done other than a few unexplained cases. Try bbmayo's RI4M guide:
    http://webpages.charter.net/bacitup/TheGuides/pacman777guide.pdf
    I recommend this one because the revised version of Shrink supports burning with ImgBurn instead of the older DVD Decrypter burner ware supported by the original Shrink 3.2.