1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error: On-the-fly IFO/BUP file patching failed (?)

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by sonnyc, Jun 1, 2005.

1. sonnyc

sonnyc Member

I am rather new new to the world of burning but have had pretty good success so far..till the other day when I tried to decrypt White noise and today when decrypting chappelle show season 2 it got to 99% then it read this error....
    On-the-fly IFO/BUPfile patching failed
    Reason: Invalid IFO/BUP file

What does this mean..I am using DVD Decrypter and DVD shrink..Please help ..I would really appreciate this..thanks

Sonnyc

2. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Are you using the latest version of DVD Decrypter? Are you ripping from an original disk or a copy?

3. sonnyc

sonnyc Member

i think..i just downloaded another today..how can I check?..It is a rental..which havent given me problems til this week..any thoughts?

4. sonnyc

sonnyc Member

yes 3.5.4.0

5. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

I suppose it could be a defect in the DVD. You could try downloading the trial version of AnyDVD and see if a similar error occurs. Try AnyDVD with both DVD Decrypter to rip and with DVD Shrink to rip. If both fail with AnyDVD I would suspect there's a defect in the DVD. It only takes a minor defect to prevent a good rip. Also since the problem is occurring at the end, the drive would be reading at the outer edge of the disk where a defect can often be present. It might be quicker to just return the rental for another and then try again. If the original was defective, the new one should rip successfully. Otherwise, something else is afoot.

6. auto11904

auto11904 Member

I get the same message on Road To Perition - brand new out of case, about 77% thru read. It does allow me to click 'ok' and it continues and finishes. Wondering if this will create problems. What is On-the-fly IFO/BUPfile patching?

Sonnyc, if you're able to retitle your post as 'IFO/BUPfile Patching' error or something specific, it may get more replies.

Otto

7. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

try ripping useing DVD43 in the background then rip with dvd decrypter!

8. auto11904

auto11904 Member

I tried it again - this time unchecking 'remove IFO RC Protection' and 'remove IFO RCE Protection' under the File Mode, IFO Mode and ISO Read Mode and it worked fine. If I understand RC and RCE correctly, and I'm quite sure I don't, it pertains to the region. All I care about is Region One - so I think unchecking these is a non-factor. ??? Maybe?

9. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Thread re-titled

On-the-fly is never a recommended method IMHO , to HDD then back to disc is much preferable and more trouble-free

RCE is a protection on mostly Region 1 discs , is doesn't bother me too much as I'm in UK [Pal , Region 2].
    I do know that DVD Decrypter deals with it tho :)

10. auto11904

auto11904 Member

The error, On-the-fly IFO/BUPfile patching failed, occurs when decrypting from disc to hard drive. I typically decrypt to harddrive, then DVD shrink to DVD-R.

11. squizzle

squizzle Active member

if it is at the end of the disc, maybe just allow it to cancel but don't delete the files and use IFOEdit to make the IFO/BUP files.

Have you tried ISO mode in Decrypter as well as File mode? Probably won't change anything but ya never know till you try...

12. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

scubapete has a good guide on setting up dvd decrypter for best results its in squizzle sig links....