1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error Reading Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Disk

Discussion in 'PS2' started by ructwenty, Nov 24, 2004.

1. ructwenty

ructwenty Guest

Hey, I am not getting a disk read error (I know how to fix that). While playing the game it freezes and I get the above error message. The playstation starts making a clicking noise and the disk does has trouble maintaining a constant spin. After tooling around with it a bit, it seems like the laser is moving up and down (I guess in an effor to read the disk correctly). When the laser moves up and down it bumps the disk causing the clicking noise and the restricted spin of the disk. The playstation works fine on all other games. I have read somewhere that it is a problem that affects games that stream data such as the GTA series. That would explain why this problem only occurs when playing GTA. If anyone has seen this problem before or has any suggestions it would be a lot of help. (And no i dont mean suggestions like buy another playstation). P.S. i have broken the warranty seal to fix the ps2 before so the warranty is void.
    Thanks

2. satanlimb

satanlimb Member

The lense moves up and down within its black, plastic housing, but the housing itself does not. So, no, the laser is not hitting the disc, nor is the housing which holds the laser. Less than perfect lasers have a tendency to have difficulty reading GTA games, especially SA. You say in the begining of your post that you know how to fix the disc read problem. So fix that as much as you can. Or get a HD and run it off that. Works for me. I won't patronize you by telling you to get another PS2. Wait, yes I will...

3. Cvanish

Cvanish Member

Hi, I'm not very good in those things so I thought I'd ask for help from pros. Like many people, I am getting the error message while playing GTA:SA. When I start the first mission, the message appears. I e-mailed Take-Two Interactive and they recommanded me to send the game to their office in Baltimore. I live in Canada, so sending the game would cost almost as much as buying a new one (exageration). So ructwenty, you say you can fix the problem. I've tried many places and no one is willing to help me. So would you please send me advice ? Thanks a lot :)