1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ERROR reading PC Game

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by bmxer4lyf, Dec 22, 2004.

1. bmxer4lyf

bmxer4lyf Regular member

Hey, I posted a thread not long ago about BF 1942 and I got it working--at least I thought I did. What the problem is now is when I want to start the game (clicking on the BF 1942 icon on desktop) it says "Cannot Locate The CD-ROM, please insert the correct CD-ROM, select OK and restart application." But I have the correct CD in... so I tried re-installing...still no luck. There is 2 discs to this game so I tried the other just to see, and no, didnt work either. Any ideas why this would be happening?

2. Divinus

Divinus Guest

The only thing I could think of is maybe your CDs are scratched up too badly.

Trying make an image of the CD using Alcohol 120% of something similar and load the image via a fake cd-rom drive and see if it'll load then.

3. bmxer4lyf

bmxer4lyf Regular member

well its defenitly not the cd, as there are brand new right off the spindle. And alcohol 120% is what I used to burn the ISO to a image on the first disc, and then I burned a MSD to image in the second. I installed it fine like I said, but I doesnt detect for some weird reason...but I will try what you said and respond with my answer.

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Moved.

Are these copies of an original game and if so what are the exact methods and settings you used to copy the game? What make /model burner did you use?

5. YOUNGX

YOUNGX Member

IM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM BUT WITH A DIFFERENT GAME I TRIED EVERYTHING ALCOHOL 120,D-TOOLS,AND NERO BUT ITS STILL NOT WORKIN

6. bmxer4lyf

bmxer4lyf Regular member

I got the game through a torrent file. And the burning program I used was Acohol 120%, the files for the first disc were in ISO format, while the second disc was in a MSD format. So through Alcohol 120% I used "Burn Image" for both formats. I also tried Cheetah Burner, and did the same thing although I made them on a Data Disc.
    Hope this is clear enough to understand...