1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Error Reading Sectors" ? ? ?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by seeno182, Mar 14, 2005.

1. seeno182

seeno182 Member

Once the 1st step (reading the DVD) of DVD XPRESS is nearing completion, I get a message that says "Error reading sectors." Then afterwards there's another message that reads "Unable to Read DVD," even though it practically read 100% of it. Can anyone tell me what's going on? It just started doing this.

Before this problem, it would read the DVD's fine. Then when it was burning (2nd step), it would stop and say "Disc Writing Error."

Please help . . .

2. Jetster

Jetster Regular member

Mabe a bad DVD drive or your hard drive is failing.
    How much free space on your HD
    Defrag

3. kenzlee

kenzlee Member

i used to run into the same problems back in my dvdxcopy express days. i think the problem is that the disc you are trying to copy has either some kind of protection on it or the disc is scratched or damaged. i would try using a different program. try this method: 1. get dvd decrypter available on this site for free, get dvd shrink also freely available here, and get the demo for anydvd from www.slysoft.com. 2. open dvd decrypter, open the disc, select your output folder, and start the process. 3. open dvd shrink, open your files from your output folder from dvd decrypter, after the initial analaysis select backup, as for the output settings: select deep analaysis under quality settings and select the output for either a. a hardrive folder or b. burn using nero(if you have it), if you selected nero you're done. if you selected a hardrive folder then you will need another program to burn the files (i.e. dvdxcopy xpress) hope that helps i'm really tired so it may not make sense post your results

4. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

seeno182

It is the copy protection of the DVD that you are trying to rip. Remember that DVDxCopy will never have anymore updates and hasn't had one for over a year and a half. Its time to move to different ripping and burning software such as AnyDVD along with Nero or freeware such as DVD Shrink along with DVD Decrypter.

5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Also if you are really have to use Xcopy for what ever reason (why is beyond me) then you can just install AnyDVD and use your Xcopy as you always have :) Some diehards just won't give up using Xcopy I'm not sure if it is because they paid so much for it or what.. :)