1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error ripping, what gives???

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by GBHISME, Feb 27, 2003.

1. GBHISME

GBHISME Member

I have been trying to rip a dvd with Instant Copy to my hard drive. It keeps locking up around 56% and then says Error reading key. I tried with DVD Decrypter.. It got 56% and says I/O error. What gives??? Damaged DVD??? Thanks. GBH

2. GBHISME

GBHISME Member

Sorry, I mistakenly said instant copy, but I meant smart ripper.. I have tried to rip with smart ripper, and dvd decrypter and cant get either of them to finish the rip. They both hang up at 56%. Thanks

3. malum

malum Regular member

sounds like damage, does it play all the way through?

Have you tried polishing it? (rub from centre towards outside in a straight line)
    Does it look scratched?

I have a special polishing kit for DVD's that almost always allows a rip (if not a play)unless the damage is extensive

4. GBHISME

GBHISME Member

The dvd had spots on it. I cleaned the spots off. There is a slight scratch on it, and it runs down the middle of the dvd.

5. hoike

hoike Member

I too have trouble with ripping using Smartripper and dvd decrypter. I hear dvd decrypter is not that stable at times. I know its a hassle, but when those error msgs appear...i usualy reload the disc. Of course you will get a lower xfer rate when it decrypts.