1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

error unsupported video configuration detected. HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by griffsu31, Apr 3, 2007.

1. griffsu31

griffsu31 Member

i have just Bought a Dimension C521 and i only have basic knowlege of computers. i keep getting an error message when i switch it on. the message says:

Attention: unsupported video configuration detected action is required
    This computer has an add-in graphics card, but the monitor cable is plugged into the intergrated videoconnector.
    To attach the monitor cable to the add-in graphics card:
    1 shut down the computer
    2 Plug the monitor cable into the add-in graphics card connector this may require a video adapter or video adapter cable (provided with system)
    3 turn on the computert
    This message should not appear after completing these steps for more information or help, please refer to the system documentation.

could someone please help as i dont understand what i need to do.
    cheers

2. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

Turn off the PC.

Start at the monitor, follow the cable back to the computer, to where it goes into the back of the computer. It will have a plug on the end that will probably look like this.

[​IMG]

It will go into a socket that looks like this

[​IMG]

Remove it from the socket. You may need to unscrew the two plastic knobs, one on each side.

Now look for another similar socket. If there is one, plug the lead into that one. Do up the two plastic screw knobs.

Now turn on your PC and see if it works properly.

If you cannot find such a socket, have a look in the box that your computer came in. there may be a lead or an adapter that fits the monitor cable in there, probably in a plastic bag. (You DID keep all that stuff?)

[​IMG]

I think I can see 2 blue sockets in this picture. I think you need the lower one.

If it does not, and it is brand new, I suggest you call the dealer fairly soon, so you do not lose any rights under your warranty if it is faulty.