1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

error when backing up the movie Ray

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by NiteCap2k, Feb 16, 2005.

1. NiteCap2k

NiteCap2k Guest

using dvd shrink and any dvd i keep getting an error then dvd shrink shuts down.. anyone having the same problem? how do i solve it?

2. Bigfatboy

Bigfatboy Regular member

what is the error you are getting?

i used anydvd with shrink no prob, maybe you should rip with dvd decrypter.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2005
  3. NeoRio

NeoRio Member

Yesterday, I encountered a problem where the discs that I burned using DVD shrink wouldn't play back, and as a result, I came to the conclusion that DVD shrink is not the greatest program to use for buring files to disc (I don't know if the problem that you are experiencing has anything to do with you trying to burn files to disc with DVD shrink or not, but maybe what I will go on to say will be of some help), but anyway, after fooling around with DVD shrink and DVD Decrypter, I thought that I would shrink the files with DVD shrink and burn them with DVD decrypter, and since doing so, I haven't encountered a single problem. Take the following steps, and see if it eliminates your problem.

Open your dvd up in DVD shrink, select backup, then select "ISO Image File and burn with DVD decryter" from the "Select backup target" drop down menu. Once the files are through burning to your hard drive as an ISO image file, DVD Decrypter will open up and you can then begin burning the files to a disc. Hope that this helps.

4. NeoRio

NeoRio Member

Yesterday, I encountered a problem where the discs that I burned using DVD shrink wouldn't play back, and as a result, I came to the conclusion that DVD shrink is not the greatest program to use for buring files to disc (I don't know if the problem that you are experiencing has anything to do with you trying to burn files to disc with DVD shrink or not, but maybe what I will go on to say will be of some help), but anyway, after fooling around with DVD shrink and DVD Decrypter, I thought that I would shrink the files with DVD shrink and burn them with DVD decrypter, and since doing so, I haven't encountered a single problem, so maybe you could get rid of the problem that you've been experiencing as well if you take the steps that I've been taking, which are as follows.

First of all, download DVD Decrypter if you don't have it. Next, open your dvd up in DVD shrink, select backup, then select "ISO Image File and burn with DVD decryter" from the "Select backup target" drop down menu. Once the files are through burning to your hard drive as an ISO image file, DVD Decrypter will open up and you can then begin burning the files to a disc. Hope that this helps.

5. NiteCap2k

NiteCap2k Guest

The error message i'm getting says dvd shrink encountered an error reading the disc. this is after i analyze it and start the back up process. I was able to get clone dvd to rip it, but it insisted i use a dual layer disc (which i dont have). Shrink seems to analyze the disc fine. but will not let me back it up

6. NeoRio

NeoRio Member

Hmm...That sure is strange. It might just be the disc that you are trying to burn. Have you had this problem with more than one disc? I've burnt quite a few discs within the past 3 days, and I've only encountered the problem that you are experiencing with one disc, that disc being Friday Night Lights. I don't know if it's the way that the movie is made that causes me to get an error message when I attempt to backup the files or if there is something wrong with the disc. So, maybe the disc is the problem.

7. NeoRio

NeoRio Member

Oh, I just noticed that the title of your thread is "error when backing up the movie Ray," and I just back up Ray this morning, so there can't be a problem with the way that the movie is made. It has got to be some type of glitch in the program you are using or maybe something wrong with the copy of Ray that you have.

8. NiteCap2k

NiteCap2k Guest

Well I was able to back it up on my laptop, which rips at a slower rate. After posting that first message, i tried ripping it on my other desktop with the same result, I then proceeded to try ripping it on my laptops dvd rom drive. Luckily i have an external burner.. not sure if the speed that my other two computers tried to rip was the problem or not..nevertheless, case solved

9. krk9095

krk9095 Guest

I use DVDCypher then DVDShrink and Finally burn with Nero using the slowest speed. I found that if I burn at the fasest speed the DVD will skip and freeze.

10. meanman

meanman Member

well I did what someone else suggested with DVD shrink and re-authored the first selection in the main movie (there are 2 the same size) and it seems to work that way .you wont have the directors cut then just the theatrical cut which is just as good or you can do it the other way around, which ever.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2005