1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error when connection PSP to WRT54G router

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by RickyRiK, Feb 11, 2007.

1. RickyRiK

RickyRiK Member

Hey,

hope someone can help me with this annoying prob. I have a PSP which i've used once before on an open access point (not mine). So now i'm trying to get my PSP to work on my WRT54G router and i'm having wayyyyy to many probs. Lemme just give you description of how my router is setup. MAC address filtering is setup, DHCP is disabled, and WPA-PSK (TKIP) encryption is enabled. So i configured my router to accept my MAC address for the PSP, gave it a static IP, and inputed my ISP DNS's. When i test the connection i get a "A connection error has occurred. A connection to the access point could not be established. Check security settings for network and try again." After getting this message i upgraded my PSP to the latest firmware, that didn't work. I even upgraded my linksys router to the latest firmware, same prob. I've check a bunch of forums about possible causes for this but couldn't find anything. When i do a scan for my router i do get the SSID with a 100% strength signal. Dunno if anyone out there had this prob and was able to solve it. If anyone can shed some light on this i would really appreciate it. thanks.

RiK

Last edited: Feb 11, 2007
  2. elperuano

elperuano Member

why you dont try to change the settings to no encryption (unsecured mode) ,,and try if you can connect that way

3. RickyRiK

RickyRiK Member

Hey elperuano,

i tried disabling the security (definitely not recommended if you care about security) and still got the same error. I even disabled the MAC address filtering and enabling the DHCP and still got the same error. Not sure what else to try...

4. elperuano

elperuano Member

try resetting your router to default settings

5. RickyRiK

RickyRiK Member

Hey elperuano,

i think i figured out the prob. My WRT54G has a mixmode option, B-only, and g-only option. I switched it to b-only and wolla!!! it works, BUT this now discover a new prob for me. Now my other wireless G devices will be running at a slower speed. I tried out some linksys forums and some other people had the same probs with mixed mode. Oh well, for now i can at least use my PSP online and didn't have to sacrifice security, cause i re-enabled, WPA-PSK TKIP, MAC address filtering, and disabled DHCP. Anyway thanks for your replies man.

6. elperuano

elperuano Member

glad to hear...