1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

error with DVD shrink 3.2

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Lust, Jan 27, 2005.

1. Lust

Lust Member

using DVD shrink 3.2.0.15 in the full disc mode backup i click open disc a window pop it says DVD shrink encountered an error and cannot continue. Data Error (cyclic redundency check).
    if there's anyone who knows anything about it and what to do to fix it am gonna be thanxful.

2. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Im guessing a new movie, like Resident evil 2, or Little Black Book, or The Forgotten?
    This is caused by new dvd encryption that has just come out,if this is the case, just download the new dvd decrypter.It would also help if you had the newest version of AnyDvd.
    If its not a new movie then crc errors are caused from a dirty, scratched, or bad disc,it could even mean dirty opticals.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2005
  3. Lust

Lust Member

Thnx for ur help but the movie is Love Story, i know it's an old movie but it's in a very good condition.by the way i have the newset virsions of dvd decrypter.but u didnt give me any solution to try it ?! do u have any suggestion on how i can overcome this error ?? thnx u again.

4. msfisher

msfisher Member

Since the dvd is an older disc they can loose their touch after so many years. You might be able to get the back of it recoated and it will probably be just fine then...

5. nawlinz

nawlinz Member

Try using the newest DVD Decrypter to rip it then try to burn with Shrink from the folder you ripped from.

6. Lust

Lust Member

am sorry but what's recoate the back of a dvd ?? and how it works i mean how can i do it ?!