1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error writing FLASH (iHAS124-B)

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Juke_Box, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Juke_Box

Juke_Box Member

Anyone else getting this? I followed the tutorial to a T when flashing the burner max fw to my ihas124-B drive. I updated to the current stock firmware before flashing. Help!

Last edited: Oct 22, 2011
  2. stuartbat

stuartbat Regular member

Im not sure whats going on with yours but i did mine earlier and it all worked flawlessly have u run as admin if ur on windows vista/7?

3. Juke_Box

Juke_Box Member

I am using Windows 7 32 Bit. I will try to run as admon but i think i need to flash using the RAID ports. Can use the x360usb to connect and flash with?

4. stuartbat

stuartbat Regular member

i dont think you can use the x360 usb as Jungleflasher wont write the firmware yet

5. Juke_Box

Juke_Box Member

No. I meant to use the x360usb to get the pc to recognize the drive. Then flash with the flash utitility. Worth a try.
    I just cant remember how to re-install the drivers that I disabled in the RAID card! Dang!

6. bludd

bludd Regular member

Saw this on another forum so just copy and pasting. Maybe it's something you are running into.

Found out the hard way, but if you get the "Error writing flash to Drive" it most likely is because you are in RAID or AHCI Mode in your bios. You have to flash in IDE mode or use you X360 USB to do the flash.

Don't go from RAID to IDE, windows will not boot. Most instances AHCI to IDE mode is OK.

Good Luck!!!

7. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

I had some issues when flashing mine. I used the EEPROM_Utility and then the crossflash tab and did a convert which fixed mine. Worth a try. Is your drive flashing green non stop?

8. Juke_Box

Juke_Box Member

I was able to get it to flash. I didnt have to change anything to IDE in the BIOS or edit the registry. I am using a laptop and have one onboard SATA output that I was trying to use, as it was recognized and was able to update to the latest firmware...so why wouldnt it flash Burner MAX to it? who knows?

I used my PMCIA bus RAID card that has 2 SATA inputs on it. Presto! I feel like an idiot now.

9. prash9810

prash9810 Member

Hi ALL

I am having same message " error writing flash" with liteon ihas 124-19B. actually my drive is not constantly recognizable to my HP DV3 Pavilion laptop, I have esata port in this laptop and also xbox360usb, I have tried both nothing works. if I want to see liteon in "my-computer" i need to eject tray keep it ejected/open then only i can see my drive in my computer and start flashing with eprom and flash utility but when i reach last step writing flash after its done error pops up " error writing flash to drive"

please need help

Thanks
    prash9810