1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error Writing - Write error or process aborted???

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by svanarnum, Sep 19, 2004.

1. svanarnum

svanarnum Guest

I am a newbi. I get an error message at the end of copying, when try to copy a movie: "Error writing. Please see log" (or something like that)and it eject the disk.
    When I see the log it says "40DE80: Finished
    "40DE80: Writing failed. (write error or process aborted):
    " 40DE80: Drive is not ready"
    I was able to backup about 5 movies, when I tried with the 6th. this error started. Then I tried to backup one that had worked before, just to test. It did not work this time.

2. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

svanarnum

You need to post some system specs such as operating system, and hardware. do you have DMA enabled and a clean aspi layer. Have you updated your transcoder, some new updates require that you have DirectX9 installed and updated. What software are you using to do your backups with?
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."[/small]

Last edited: Sep 19, 2004
  3. svanarnum

svanarnum Guest

I guess it is onvious how new I am to all this!
    I am running DVDXCopy Platinum - version 4.0.3
    I havent figured out how to enable my DMA. A clean Aspi layer - I'm lost. Sorry! Updated my transcoder?
    Don't give up on me - I am actually somewhat coputer literate - but this DVD stuff has me lost!!!
    Thanks,
    Windows XP
    Penitum 4
    2.0 ghz
    Dell Dimension 8200

4. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

5. svanarnum

svanarnum Guest

You're great. My DMA ws already enabled. The second link didn't work? Another idea? Meanwhile, I also removed Roxio Disc n Drag. Thanks.

6. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

7. svanarnum

svanarnum Guest

I followed that link and it came up a foreign language site??? Did I Goof up?

8. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Try it again I just did and it worked, sometimes its down but it always seems to come back

9. svanarnum

svanarnum Guest

Did both of these - ASPI seems to be working. DMA is enabled. Any other ideas? I am so bummed - I feel like I wasted a ton of money for this program. Thanks,

10. svanarnum

svanarnum Guest

Did both of these - ASPI seems to be working. DMA is enabled. Any other ideas? I am so bummed - I feel like I wasted a ton of money for this program. Thanks,