1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Errors burning DVDs - Reset occured

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by shaowniq, Feb 7, 2005.

1. shaowniq

shaowniq Member

Hi,

i own LG GSA-4163B dvdrw drive in Canyon External Enclosure with USB2 connection, my notebook is Acer with 855G and ICH4 with onboard USB2 controller. I fixed SCSI command aborted DVD-R with the patched mmc.dll file in Nero 6.6.0.1. Everything works fine when i disable Buffer underrun protection. That's all about Nero. And What about others like CloneDVD3 or Elby's CloneDVD2.x ? How to fix this ? Please help, i'm sick of this ...

2. Noqoilpi

Noqoilpi Regular member

Source http://www.nero.com/us/FAQs_Error_Messages.html#1

Last edited: Feb 7, 2005
  3. shaowniq

shaowniq Member

nothing helpful, ultrabuffer is not a solution, there is another problem than low-speed data flow. I've tested speed of my drive and i get 35MB/s, and that is enough for 16X ...

4. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

i would try the latest nero just to see?

5. shaowniq

shaowniq Member

Rotary> it doesn't help. you must disable the buffer underrun protection to make it work. I have patched mmc.dll file which is only for 6.6.0.1, newest nero with this patched file crashes.

6. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

got the actual whole log error report to look at?

i think iread you can up the buffer settings too which helps!

7. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

1. When I burn a disc with Nero/Nero Express, I get buffer underruns every time. What is the cause and how can I resolve it?

There is a number of possible causes. Please try the following solutions:

For Nero Burning ROM:
    Go to Nero's 'File --> Preferences --> Ultrabuffer' and increase the buffer.
    For Nero Express:
    Go to ‘Configure --> Ultrabuffer’ and increase the buffer.
    Run "ScanDisc" and "Defrag" on your hard drive. This minimizes the possibility of "Buffer Underrun" errors.
    Close any program running in the background (e.g. anti-virus programs). You can do this manually by using the 'Ctrl-Alt-Del'. For Win95/98/ME: Just close all programs except for Systray and Explorer. For Windows 2000/XP systems use Ctrl-Alt-Del, go to Task Manager and close all programs. But sometimes for Windows 2000 and XP it´s not enough to close all programs in the background. A good program to help in these cases is “EndItAll”; please search for it at for example http://www.google.com/.
    Try different media brands. The one that you are using may not be compatible with your recorder.
    Update the firmware version on your recorder. Please check the manufacturer's website for the latest release.
    Try using a different data source (different hard drives, CD-/DVD-ROMs or network drives) to see if it is corrupted or too slow.
    Test your drive speed or use a simulation in order to obtain the optimal speed for your system and recorder. If not the maximum possible write speed of the recorder is kept as default.
    Please update to our latest Nero release from our website.
    Update to Nero 5.5: Nero Burning ROM
    Update to Nero 6 Reloaded: Updates Nero 6 Reloaded
    Important notes
    Upgrades to the latest versions of Nero 5.5 are free of charge.
    The Nero 5 serial number does not work for Nero 6/Nero 6 Reloaded.
    To upgrade to Nero 6 Reloaded from a previous version, please purchase a Nero 6 Reloaded serial number in our Onlineshop.

===================================

13. I get a 'SCSI target error' when using Nero/Nero Express. How do I resolve this problem?

This error be caused by the following:

Normally caused by CD-R or CD-RW media the recorder is unable to work with. Or the media could be defective, dirty or just not compatible with the recorder.
    Cables are known to cause this: loose cables, damaged cables, loose power connectors, etc.
    Defective recorders are known to cause this. Test with another demo software to rule out software as the cause. If two software programs have the same symptom, your recorder may need service.
    If the drive is being polled by another software's driver, it could hang the bus. Uninstall any other CD recording software you may have had on your system, as well as Nero. Then use Registry cleaner software to clean you registry. At last try a fresh install of our latest Nero release.

8. shaowniq

shaowniq Member

have not any logs, try to damage another DVD and paste the log here :) 6.6.0.1 + patched mmc.dll + disabled buffer underrun + disabled DVD compatibility mode = working ! :)

9. Rotary

Rotary Senior member